Rosmerta cottage sleeps 4 + cot.
Folding beds available for one extra small child.
Visit Britain 4 Stars Self Catering grade.
Rosmerta cottage £450 pw.
One night stay available charged according to number of occupants (tariff on request).
Short breaks are available for min 3 nights at £225.
Please see the Vacancy Chart + prices below for availability.
Open Christmas and New Year.
Sorry no pets.
Strictly Non Smoking.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Jane Saxon, Moresby Hall,
Moresby, Whitehaven, Cumbria CA28 6PJ
Tel: 01946 696317
Fax: 01946 694385
Reload this mapSituated adjacent to Moresby Hall (a Grade I Listed Building) Rosmerta cottage retains many original features. Spacious accommodation and fully co-ordinated to give a pleasing decor. The cottage is maintained to a high standard by the owners of Moresby Hall (Jane and David Saxon). Free WiFi available for guests use.
Photos below:Rosmerta lounge and twin bedroom
- A well equipped kitchen to enable guests to self-cater, or we will gladly serve dinner to you in the cottage if you have small children. For a special meal, make a reservation in Moresby Hall's elegant (fully licensed) dining room.
- Only guests staying in Rosmerta cottage have access to the walled gardens in Moresby Hall's grounds. A beautiful place to relax with a book or watch the children play.
- Superbly equipped with dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge freezer, microwave etc. Many kitchen extras such as cleaning materials, dishwasher tablets, refuse sacks, soap etc. Colour TV, video, freeview box, CD player in each lounge area.
- A complimentary selection of quality hotel style toiletries provided for guests' enjoyment.
- Colour TV in each bedroom.
- Fully inclusive price - Free pack of basic groceries, wine, flowers and home-made cake, all gas / electric, towels and bed linen.
- Baby-sitting available (charged extra), travel cot, high chair and stair gate available at no charge.
- Each guest receives either one free English breakfast in Moresby Hall or a £5 discount off dinner in the evening during their stay.
- You'll find a semi-rural setting by the coast just outside Whitehaven, a historic harbour town. This historic town has a stunning marina and much interest for all ages.
- Convenient for North and West lakes, fells, cultural locations and tourist attractions. Variety of sports including a 3 golf courses and quarter of a mile from the C2C cycleway providing interest for all ages. There are many country fairs and places of interest to visit.
- Other tourist attractions include the Rum Story, Muncaster castle & Owl Centre, The Rosehill Theatre, The Ravenglass miniature railway, beautiful coastal beaches and walks (see our website for a long THINGS TO DO page and web site links).
- Suitable for couples, families, business colleagues, sporting and themed groups.
- We do not accept hen or stag parties.
- Sorry no pets, but there is an excellent kennels locally for you to take your pet out each day (see our website for details).
- STRICTLY NON SMOKING (guests may smoke in the grounds only).
- Open Christmas and New Year.
- Rosmerta cottage sleeps 4: One double, one twin with en-suite bathroom (can also be presented as a double room by prior arrangement), another bathroom, lounge and dining kitchen.
- Rosmerta cottage can also utilise an adjacent en-suite bedroom (with massage power shower and sauna) within Moresby Hall via an interconnecting door and then this cottage is charged at £675 per week. Please contact Jane for further information.