& OWLS RETREAT
Sleeps: 4+1 (or cot).
Sorry no pets.
Sorry no smokers.
VisitEngland: 4 Stars.
Prices £320 - £380 pw.
For further details please contact:
James & Joyce Moore,
Moresby Hall Cottage, Moresby, Whitehaven, Cumbria CA28 6PJ
Tel: 01946 64078
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapPersonally maintained by the friendly Cumbrian owners living in the same hamlet, these 19th century farmbuildings have been converted into high standard character cottages, beautifully appointed with full gas central heating with thermostatically controlled radiators and double glazing.
7 Mar, 14 Mar, 21 Mar
Two photos below: Swallows Return
Two photos below: Owls Retreat
The Lounges have sumptuous chestnut leather suites and throws for extra comfort, and traditional fireplaces that house "living gas flame" fires and colour TV/DVD, CD/radio/cassette player, and radio/cassette player. A selection of local and other books. There are also beams in the cottages and each has its own character.
The bedrooms and dining areas have traditional pine furniture, and everything quietly co-ordinates throughout, duvets matching curtains etc. The beds are good quality SEALY beds (made in Cumbria). Electric blankets on all beds.
The cottages have lots of homely touches, including hairdryers with diffuser.
The kitchens have electric oven, gas hob, microwave, toaster, automatic washing machine, cafitierre coffee maker, iron & ironing board, refrigerator / small 4 star freezer compartments, kettle, pretty matching crockery, Xpelair fans.
Stainless steel/copper bottomed pans and Stainless steel utensils, & also a starched tablecloth, & other little touches. The bathrooms have a bath with Electric Shower over, wash-hand basin & toilet, Xpelair fans.
LAYOUT AS FOLLOWS - (Ground Floor at Courtyard Level)
- Ground Floor: 1 double + 1 twin bedroom, drying cupboard, bathroom, kitchen/diner.
- First Floor: Lounge.
- Ground Floor: 1 double + 1 twin bedroom, drying cupboard, bathroom.
- First Floor: Lounge leading to kitchen/diner.
- We are in an excellent radiating position for the Lakes & Coast.
- 2 miles from Georgian Whitehaven with its 250 Listed Buildings and refurbished Beacon Heritage Centre now incorporating The Sellafield Story on the Harbour; the Yachting Marina and also the Rum Story attraction in the Town Centre, Haig Pit Mining Museum and Visitor Centre, Michael Moon's World famous antiquarian and new bookshop. Records Office for family tree searching.
- Half a mile to Rosehill Theatre;
- Close to all North and West Lakes; St.Bees and red sandstone cliffs; RSPB Reserve; Ravenglass & Eskdale Miniature Railway; Muncaster Castle & Owl Centre; Lake District Coast Aquarium, Maryport, Senhouse Roman Museum, Maryport, The Wave Centre with its Climbing Wall, Maryport.
- 10 minutes walk to a quiet beach.
- Within quarter of a mile of:
i) Reivers Cycle Route - Whitehaven to Tynemouth.
ii) Coast to Coast Cycle Route (C2C) - Whitehaven to Sunderland.
iii) Hadrians Cycle Way.
- Golf Course, Swimming Pool and Sports Centre within 2 miles.
- Ample parking.
- Open all year - warm and cosy for winter.
- There is a Tesco (open 24 hrs), Morrisons Supermarket and other stores in Whitehaven.
- There are coastal and countryside walks direct from the cottages.
- Fortnightly guests have their cottage linen changed and bathroom cleaned etc mid-holiday free of charge.
- Reduced rates for Senior Citizens.
- Discounts for 2 or more weeks.
- Dressing robes provided free for all overseas adult guests and adult guests travelling via public transport.
- Importantly there is usually someone around, as we live in the same hamlet, should you need our assistance at any time.
- For those without a vehicle we do a FREE collection service from the RAIL and BUS TERMINUS (National Express Coaches operate from London to Whitehaven and also Glasgow to Whitehaven) - and there is a good rail and bus service.
- There is also a rail link from Manchester Airport to Carlisle via Whitehaven.