THE MOORHOUSE COTTAGE
Abbey St Bathans,
Sleeps: 3 (+1 on sofabed).
Low season £150 pw.
Mid season £250 pw.
High season £350 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mike and Bridget Bevan
Tel: 01361 840 622
Mobile: 07930 355561
Reload this mapThe Moorhouse Cottage is located in the Scottish Borders. It is situated about a mile from Abbey St Bathans, a small country village in a secluded woodland setting on the banks of the River Whiteadder. The county town of Duns is only 6 miles away centred on an attractive Georgian square which has good local facilities including pubs, restaurants and a supermarket.
- The area is popular with cyclists, fishermen and walkers and Moorhouse Cottage is situated on the Southern Upland Way.
- The spectacular Berwickshire Coastline is only 6 miles and offers excellent beaches, links golf courses and superb opportunities for sailing, surfing and diving enthusiasts at St Abbs.
- Although located in the middle of the countryside, surrounded by farmland and woodland, the cottage is conveniently located only 3 miles away from the A1 at Grantshouse with Berwick Upon Tweed only 20 miles south and Dunbar 15 miles to the North from where there are regular mainline train services to Edinburgh (25mins) and the South.
- On the ground floor there is a lounge with dining area, a single bedroom and a kitchen.
- On the first floor there is a twin bedroom and bathroom with bath and overhead shower and an airing cupboard.
- The cottage has its own garden to the front and side of the cottage and has its own private entrance.
Parking: From our Visitors Book:
- The cottage is heated by electric panel heaters with additional radiators.
- There is a woodburning stove in the living room.
- All electricity is included in the price and wood and coal are provided for free.
- A welcome pack including fresh eggs, home baking and home-grown veg is also provided free of charge.
- "A splendid week in your delightful cottage perfectly situated for some outstanding walks."
- "The cottage and surrounding countryside were exactly what the doctor ordered - some well deserved peace and quiet."
- "It was bliss to be greeted by a proper fire."
- "The cottage is beautiful and has everything you need."
- "We would certainly love to make a return visit."