Sorry no pets.
Price range: £195 - £370 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01729 851452
Reload this mapThere has probably been a mill on this site since Roman times. The present building, dating from 1795, was erected as a cotton mill. The mill then became a joiner's shop and sawmill, a chicken farm and a holiday complex, before being sold as separate units in 1999.
Photo: View from living room
Mill Top is a delightful, sunny, second floor apartment at the front of the mill, with views across the garden to the River Aire and down the valley.
- The eight acres of grounds, through which you can stroll, include gardens, woodland, the mill leet and pond.
- There are also many places where you can sit and enjoy a drink, a picnic or read a book, including the patio at the front which is a real sun trap.
- Wildlife is prolific both in the woods and around the mill, and birds include goldfinches, dippers, heron, moorhens and, if you are lucky, a kingfisher.
- Many walks can be enjoyed straight from the mill, including those to Malham and Malham Cove, Gordale Scar and Janet's Foss.
- It is also a ten minute walk over the fields (or 15 minutes by road) to 'The Victoria' in Kirkby Malham, noted for its good food and fine ales.
- Sleeps 2 people in a double bedroom.
- LPG gas-fired central heating throughout and attractive gas stove in the living room. Underfloor heating in the bathroom and part of the kitchen.
- Living room with dining area, TV, DVD and video recorder. Filled bird feeder outside the window. Large selection of books and games.
- Kitchen with electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, slim-line dishwasher, washing machine.
- Bathroom with bath, separate shower and heated towel rail.
- Bed linen and towels are provided.
Parking is at the back of the mill.
Mill Top is a non-smoking apartment and is not suitable for pets.
The apartment is available all year. Bookings are from Saturday to Saturday in the holiday season and short breaks are available at all other times.