"We have SO enjoyed our stay in this beautiful cottage - a real haven of peace and quiet."
"We had a wonderful week in your nice cottage."
"The house is lovely and clean throughout, with beautiful decor."
"We had a nice week in your cottage.Cosy and comfortable. Nice interior."
"Sweet little cottage, well equipped and comfortable."
"What a wonderful location, we've had a great stay! Immaculate cottage."
"Perfect retreat in a beautiful setting."
"The cottage is delightful and charming."
"Appreciated the very comfortable beds."
"This is little paradise, what a place!
"A delightful hideaway for the first week of our honeymoon. Thank you."
"Had a fantastic holiday at this cottage. Very well equipped and lots to do in the surrounding area."
On this page (BLUE 'View Owner's Noticeboard'BOX), please find more information about MCKINNON'S COTTAGE and,further on, we have published our Terms and Conditions for your perusal.
A £100.00 deposit per week is required to confirm booking. Full payment is to be forwarded six weeks before commencement of holiday. On the reciept of full payment, detailed travel directions will be sent.
Cheques payable to Mr D H P Keate, Kilchoan Farm, Kilmelford, Oban. Argyll. PA34 4XD
Arrival Time: Sat, 5 pm. Departure Time: Sat, 10 am.
We do ask, please, that MCKINNON'S COTTAGE is left clean and tidy.
When making a booking, the applicant/hirer will be deemed to have read the Terms & Conditions (check below).
For availibility and prices, re MCKINNON'S COTTAGE, please go ABOVE RIGHT to the BLUE '52 wk Vacancy chart + prices' BOX.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
USE OF ROWING BOAT
1. Visitors are welcome to use the rowing boat which is available from May - Sept incl.
HOLIDAY LETS ONLY
2.MCKINNONS COTTAGE is let under Section 12(2) and Para.8, Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988. This means that it is to be used for holiday lets only and may not be sub-let. The maximum number of visitors permitted is four. Caravans or tents are not allowed.
3.MCKINNON'S COTTAGE may be booked for periods of one week to four weeks.
4. A letting week runs from 5pm on the Saturday of arrival until 10am on the following Saturday.
5. Provisional bookings can be held for 5 days and will only be confirmed after the receipt of a letter and the deposit.
6. Bookings, for the weeks requested, are subject to the accommodation still being available when your booking letter and deposit are received.
7. The booking letter, signed by you, the applicant/hirer, together with our acceptance of a deposit, will constitute a contract.
8. The rental is to be paid in full not less than six weeks before the starting date. If we do not receivce the same by this date, we will consider the reservation to be cancelled and the deposit will be forfeited.
9. The accommodation charges are as listed on the website.
10. Notice to cancel a booking is to be in writing and sent by Recorded Delivery. Provided the notice of cancellation is received not less than six weeks before the start of your holiday, as provided above, only the deposit will be forfeited.
11. If however notice to cancel has not been received by the time specified and we are, in addition, unable to re-let the accommodation for the same period at the same rate, then you will be liable to pay the total cost of the booking. However, every endeavour will be made to re-let on the hirer's behalf, although a small administration charge will be deducted from any rental refunded.
12. We strongly recommend that you take out insurance to protect yourself against financial loss in case you are obliged to cancel your holiday.
13. You, the hirer, are to stay personally at MCKINNON'S COTTAGE throughout the holiday and are solely responsible for the whole party. Assignees and sub-tenants are prohibited. The number of persons using MCKINNON'S COTTAGE, is not to exceed four.
We are entitled to refuse accommodation to any person who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge, or whose behaviour is deemed unacceptable. We are entitled to terminate the hire if these conditions are broken.
14. We regret that pets are not permitted.
15. When you sign your booking letter, you are guaranteeing to us that you have the authority to sign on behalf of all persons who will use MCKINNON'S COTTAGE during the holiday booked.
16. From the time of arrival, you and any other persons accompanying you, take full responsibility for any loss, injury or damage suffered by you or those accompanying you while on the Kilchoan Estate except where such loss, injury or damage is directly due to acts or omissions of those employed by us.
17. You will also agree to keep MCKINNON'S COTTAGE and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the accommodation in the same state of repair as at the start of the let, and will make good any damage, breakage or loss occurring during the let. The property and all fitments, furniture, utensils, equipment etc. are to be left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the let. You agree to indemnify against us all loss and/or damage arising directly or indirectly to the accommodation and its contents from any act of omission by yourself or any person accompanying you.
18. We shall be allowed to access MCKINNON'S COTTAGE at any reasonable time during occupancy.
19. We will not be liable for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which the hirer or any other person may suffer or incur. If for any reason beyond our control (e.g. fire, storm, damage, illness, etc.) MCKINNON'S COTTAGE is not available on the date booked, we will refund in full all moneys paid by you the hirer. We shall not be liable for any loss, expense or inconvenience resulting from such unavailability and you the hirer shall have no claim against us.
20. Every effort has been made to ensure you have an enjoyable holiday. If, however you have cause for complaint, we are anxious that remedial action is taken as quickly as possible. It is essential you contact us so that any complaints can be speedily resolved.