Sleeps: 2 - 4.
Sorry no pets.
Prices £325 - £625 pw.
100 yards from sea.
For further details please contact:
Mrs H.A.Keate, or Mr D.H.P.Keate
Tel: 01852 200 500
Cheques payable to Mr D.H.P.Keate at the above address.
Reload this mapThe Kilchoan Estate enjoys an idyllic and peaceful setting facing south on the north shore of Loch Melfort. Delightfully secluded near the end of a 5 mile single track road, it commands magnificent views over the loch and the islands of Shuna and Luing to Scarba and Jura beyond. The area is good for walking and is abundant with wildlife; seals, otters, red squirrels, and deer can be seen, in addition to numerous birds of prey.
Photos below: View of boats from pier, and view of surrounding area.
- Free use of rowing boat on Loch Melfort, including life jackets.
- Loch flyfishing is available on two hill lochs, with riding, golf, water sports and steamer trips locally.
- A day trip to the island of Mull is perfectly feasible.
- Oban (35 minutes' drive) offers shops, bars and entertainment.
- A choice of restaurants can be found within 7 miles. These include the Shower of Herring at Melfort, the Loch Melfort Hotel at Arduaine, the Galley of Lorne at Ardfern and the Lord of the Isles at Croabh Haven.
Sleeps 4 in two double beds. Set in a small courtyard 100 yards from the sea, this charming 18th C cottage is full of character. It has small rooms and low doorways, but is comfortable and cosy. The kitchen and bathroom have recently been fully modernised. The staircase is steep so the cottage is not suitable for very young children, the disabled or the infirm. Changeover is Saturday; arrival 5pm, departure10am. Please telephone if arriving after 7pm.
- Sittingroom with open fire.
- Hallway/dining area.
Shop 5 miles (petrol 20 miles).
- Free WiFi.
- Duvets with linen and towels provided.
- Electricity by meter reading.
- Radiators. Open fire - coal at cost, logs, £4 per tea chest.
- TV & DVD.
- Heated towel rail.
- Electric oven and hob.
- Oil fired Rayburn cooker (optional extra).
- Spring water supply.
- Summer only, April - October.
- Sorry no pets.