MAYNOOTH SELF CATERING
60 Rockfield Lodge,
and 68 Cluain Aoibhinn
Photo: Rockfield Lodge
Sleeps: 5 - 6 +cot.
Sorry no pets.
Irish Tourist Board: 3 and 4 Star.
Low season 395 - 440 euro pw.
High season 440 - 495 euro pw.
For further details please contact:
Sean and Neasa Travers,
Aisling, Clonagh, Maynooth, Co.Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00353 1 627 1382
Mob: 085 730 8557
Reload this mapWe offer a choice of two holiday homes in Maynooth:
68 Cluain Aoibhinn
(photo on right)
A comfortable well serviced home in this university town - (1km) with Castle Visitor Centre, garden, museum and royal canal walkway with historical landmarks. Close to all amenities. Ideal for touring Kildare, Dublin (20 mins) and East. Carton Golf Club and K Club 5 mins.
Gas fired central heating
Open gas fire
Washing machine / Dryer
Bed linen free
Downstairs toilet/shower room
Rockfield Lodge is a stunning 4 star self catering property, located in the historic town of Maynooth in County Kildare. Rockfield Lodge is tastefully furnished throughout with three bedrooms. Relax in front of an open fire. Unwind in the unique hideaway of the enclosed rear garden. This beautiful holiday home has the added facility of private parking. Downstairs it has a large comfortable sitting room, separate dining room, well-equipped kitchen dining area, utility room and toliet.
- Rockfield is situated just off the M4 in the North Kildare University town of Maynooth. This comfortable home is just 1 km from the town centre, 24Km from Dublin city centre and 33km from the Airport via direct motorway link. It is less than 10 mins walk from both bus and rail connections to the city.
- As well as enjoying the buzz of a genuinely lively town with its planned lime tree main street, visitors can indulge in excellent shopping on Main Street and in Manor Mills, including several exclusive boutiques. Maynooth has a range of cafes and restaurants, as well as the castle ruins just off Main Street and Carton Avenue walk at the other end to attract visitors of all ages and interests.
- Upstairs are 3 bedrooms and a separate bathroom with overhead shower in bath. The bedrooms consist of 1 double room with double bed and ensuite, 1 twin room with 2 single beds and 1single room with a single bed. Total sleeping accommodation for 5 adults. We can also provide a cot for younger children together with a high chair if necessary.
- The house has oil fired central heating ensuring a warm and comfortable atmosphere whatever the weather!
- The home offers comfortable spacious living accommodation with a large spacious living room containing a 2-piece suite to seat 5 people, occasional coffee tables and a side table for brochures, TV, Video and open fire complete the warm atmosphere in this room which also has a carpeted floor.
- The kitchen/dining room is nicely decorated, seating up to 5 people at the dining table. It is a fully furnished kitchen with all mod cons.
- The utility room is just off the kitchen houses the washing machine and separate drier and has its own sink and wash area.
- Cot Available on request
- Family Friendly
- Nearby Leisure: Angling, Forest Park, Golf Course, Horse Riding
- Car Parking - Private
- Bed Linen Supplied Free
- Central Heating - Oil Fired
- Central Heating Extra
- Electricity Extra
- Fireplace - Solid Fuel
- Shop Nearby
- Telephone For Guest Use
- Towels Supplied Free
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Maynooth is a beautiful town with many country pursuits for the visitor - As well as enjoying the buzz of a genuinely lively town visitors can indulge in excellent shopping on Main Street and in Manor Mills, including several exclusive boutiques. Maynooth has a range of cafés and restaurants, covering Chinese, Thai, Indian, Italian and Irish cuisine, while the numerous local taverns offer quality pub food. Most pubs have music nights featuring piano and traditional music.
- There are pleasant walks in Maynooth and its environs. Visitors can stroll in the extensive parkland of Maynooth universityt south campus where there are magnificent gardens on view. Carton Walk off the east end of Main Street takes you to the perimeter of the Montgomerie Course in Carton House. A walk along the Royal Canal, towards either Leixlip or Kilcock, is also recommended.
- The National Science Museum is located on the Maynooth university south campus and features in particular items associated with the renowned Nicholas Callan, his most notable invention being the electric coil.
- For fishing enthusiasts Maynooth Fisheries, on the outskirts of the town on the Dunboyne Road, boasts four lakes and two rivers.
- Just a few minutes' drive from the Maynooths main street Carton House is set in magnificent grounds that feature two championship golf courses - the Montgomerie and the O'Meara - as well as extensive walks and a new hotel and restaurant. The K Club, host to the Ryder Cup in 2006, is in Straffan, just 8km from Maynooth. Numerous other golf courses, including Knockanally, Rathcore, Millicent and Killeen, are within easy reach.
- Straffan Butterfly Farm is open daily for three months from 1 June each year. Also in Straffan are the Steam Museum and Lodge Park Walled Garden.
- Kildare is famed for its horses and Maynooth is surrounded by some of the finest stud farms. Copperalley Equestrian Centre is just a few km north of Maynooth and is one of several within easy reach of the town.