88a Church Street,
Sleeps: 4 and 2.
Well behaved dogs welcome by prior arrangement.
Low Season: £315- £350 pw.
Mid Season: £375- £485 pw.
High Season: £585 pw.
Christmas and New Year: £585.
No.2 and 3:
Low Season: £285 - £305 pw.
Mid Season: £355 - £455 pw.
High Season: £490 pw.
Christmas and New Year: £490.
For further details please contact:
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapMason's Yard is in the heart of the village behind the Post Office, entry in to this tucked-away court yard is though the double gates from Church Street. The village shop, bakers, pubs, Kennnet and Avon canal, train station and of course the Post Office are all a short walk away. Why not take a wander up the street to collect your morning paper from the Post Office or the Stores and freshly baked bread from the bakers.
25 Feb, 4 Mar, 11 Mar, 18 Mar
- The accommodation comprises a row of three cottages with a large communal utility room (white doors in photos) at the end of the row, this has a washing machine, tumble dryer also ironing facilities, there's plenty of room to store cycle, walking boots etc.
- Each cottage has a fully equipped kitchen with oven/hob, fridge with freezer compartment, microwave oven, toaster and kettle.
- The lounges are comfortably furnished with dining areas, each has a flat screen TV with Free View and books to read.
- The bedrooms are well furnised and all the beds have pocket sprung mattresses.
- Bathrooms have baths with electric shower over and shower screen, WC and wash basin.
- No.1 has two bedrooms, a double room with a comfortable double bed. The twin room has two divan beds. This cottage sleeps 4 people.
- No.2 has one good size bedroom with a king size bed. This cottage sleeps 2 people.
- No.3 also has a good size bedroom with a king size bed.
- There is a parking space for one car in front of each cottage on the paved area in front of cottages.
- Services: Full central heating. All electricity, oil, linen and towels included in the price.
- The Kennet and Avon canal is on the edge of the village with beautiful walks along the tow path; Crofton Pumping Station, the oldest working Beam Engine in the world is a 15 minuet walk west. There are many interesting sights to see and things to do along the canal. Caen Hill flight of 29 locks at Devizes is well worth a visit. There are plenty of inns close by the canal where you can refresh yourself.
- Narrow boat trips are available from nearby Hungerford and Pewsey or further away from Devizes.
- The area is great for walking and cycling, Great Bedwyn is on the Wiltshire cycleway with many cycle routes in the Wiltshire Downs area which links to the Ridge Way Path. Savernake Forest with its links to Henry VIII is right on the door step with lovely walks and picnic sites.
- The area is rich in History with such sites as Avebury Stone Circle, Kennet Long Barrow, Silbury Hill, St Martin's Chaple at near by Chisbury and the not so ancient Crop Circles which appear on the Marlborough and Pewsey downs from time to time, nearest so far on the edge of Bedwyn and next to the Wilton Wind Mill, one of the few working wind mills left, open Sundays and Bank Holidays (grounds always open).
- The village of Great Bedwyn which is in an area of outstanding natural beauty has a genarel store, Post Office (including Bakers Shop), garage (no pumps) and two pubs. There is a regular train service to London Paddington also Reading, Newbury and Hungerford.
- The Pretty historic town of Marlborough is 7 miles to the west with many shops, tearooms, pubs and restaurants. Marlborough holds a Jazz festival each summer and Marlborough Collage has a summer school with many interesting courses.
- Hungford lies 5 miles east with a vatiety of antique shops to browse in. For a larger selection of shops and amenities there are the towns of Swindon with its Railway Museum and Designer outlet shopping centre, the market towns of Newbury, Devizes and Salisbury with it Cathedral and riverside shops, the beautiful city of Bath is an hours drive west.
- The cottages are ideally located for touring the area with place like Longleat Safari Park, Cirencester Water Park, Bowood House, Stourhead Gardens, The Hawk Conservancy nr Andover, Westonbirt Arboretum, the South Coast and many many more.