and MASHAY COTTAGE
Essex, Suffolk and
Photo: Mashay Barn
Mashay Barn sleeps 2 + baby.
Mashay Cottage sleeps 2.
Sorry no pets.
Visit Britain: 4 Star.
Mashay Barn: £300 - £375 pw.
Short breaks £65 - £70 per night (min 2 nights).
Mashay Cottage: £250 - £300 pw.
Short breaks £55 - £60 per night (min 2 nights).
For further details please contact:
Mrs Lesley Wisbey
Tel: 01787 237837 or 07944 817254
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapMASHAY BARN is a delightful single storey property offering an excellent standard of accommodation, which has been awarded 4* by Visit Britain. It is perfect for those seeking a perfect country retreat. Set amid beautiful countryside and quaint villages with typically English 'chocolate box cottages'.
10 May, 31 May
- Mashay Barn is a detached single storey building offering an excellent, comfortable standard of accommodation.
- Kitchen - A very well equipped kitchen including; gas cooker, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, kettle, toaster and sandwich maker.
- A washing machine, separate freezer, Dyson hoover, iron and ironing board are situated in an adjacent Utility room.
- Lounge - Comfortable sofa.
- Flat screen digital TV with Sky and DVD built in plus a separate VCR.
- Compact CD/cassette player with radio and alarm.
- Selection of books DVD's & Video's. A large selection of 'Visitor information' is also available.
- Dining Table and Chairs.
- Bedroom - Double wrought iron bed with a comfortable mattress, Crisp white Laura Ashley bed linen, curtains and accessories. Double pine dressing table with mirror, two pine bedside cabinets. Fitted Wardrobe.
- En suite Bathroom with a full size bath. Thermostatic Power shower, Shaver point. Ample hot water. Fluffy white towels.
- Outside is a private decked area with loungers.
- Off road parking.
- Welcome pack, toilet rolls and toiletries provided.
- Electricity/Gas and linen included.
- Free Wireless Broadband (WIFI).
- For further information and photos of the property and the area click on the above link to the Mashay Barn website.
A very warm welcome awaits you.
- The cottage is an annex off of the main house, it has its own front door with off road parking immediately outside. It has been recently been totally refurbished to a very high standard incorporating Laura Ashley curtains, wall coverings, lighting, rugs and bed linen.
- The cosy lounge has a comfortable leather sofa, a dinning table with two chairs, a welsh dresser, pine sideboard, a flat screen TV with Sky we offer our guests free WiFi and an Ipod/IPhone docking station. There is also a selection of books, maps and tourist information on attractions in the area. For cosy winter nights in we provide logs and coal for the wood burner.
- The cottage has a small fridge/freezer a table top fan assisted oven with grill and two hot plates, microwave, steamer, slow cooker, toaster, kettle. The option to dine out during the day or in the evening at some of the finest local restaurants or simply enjoy a light snack will compliment your stay at the cottage.
- The bedroom has a double wrought iron bed with a memory foam mattress, which ensures guests get a comfortable nights sleep, Crisp white Laura Ashley bed linen, double wardrobe, chest of drawers and bed side tables.
- The dressing room has a dressing table with a mirror and a full length mirror, we provide a hairdryer with a detachable diffuser.
- The en-suite shower room has a double size shower with a thermostatic power shower, shaver socket and toiletries. Fluffy white towels and a white bathrobe are included.
- We provide our guest with a 'welcome pack' on arrival.
- Please take a look at our guests comments for 2011, we are very proud of them.
- Mashay Barn and Mashay Cottage are perfectly located for exploring this lovely part of East Anglia, which is famously known for the filming of the TV series 'Lovejoy'. With the Suffolk / Essex border just 50 metres away and Cambridgeshire just 8 miles from our property we can offer our guests over 60 attractions and places to visit with in a 10 - 40 minute drive.
- A traditional country pub is only a mile away and serves excellent food.
- The very pretty town of Clare, (the smallest town in England), is only 4 miles away, has a variety of shops and an Auction House (every third Saturday), Antique Shops and numerous public houses all serving good food. Clare Country Park offers fabulous walks along the river Stour.
- The village of Finchingfield, (the most photographed village in Essex), is close by and well worth a visit.
- Hedingham Castle, with its Norman Keep, is situated in the very pretty village of Castle Hedingham and it is close to the Hedingham Steam Trains, a must for those nostalgic moments.
- Mashay Barn is in an ideal location for exploring historic houses, pretty Suffolk/Essex villages, antiques, walking, golfing, fishing, boating and the theatre.
- Cambridge, which is steeped in history, with its colleges and fabulous architecture, punting on the River Cam and the newly opened Grand Arcade shopping centre.
- This beautiful area and the attractions it has to offer have pleasantly surprised previous Guests.