MARINER'S VIEW COTTAGE
25 Ferrybridge Cottages,
Sleeps: 4, plus travel cot.
Sorry no pets.
VisitEngland: 3 Star.
Low season: £295 - £420 pw.
Peak season: £470 - £650 pw.
Free WiFi internet connection.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Pat Brockbank
Tel: 01454 774645
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapPhoto above: Portland from the cottage windows
Mariner's View Cottage is situated at the southern-most point of Weymouth, just before the causeway to Portland. The Fleet Nature Reserve (good bird-watching) and Chesil Beach are just across the road. From the cottage windows, there are wonderful views of the sea, yachts and windsurfers, backed by the cliffs of Portland. Smallmouth Bay, with rocks and a little sandy beach is just below the cottage. The South Coast path and Rodwell Trail (one of Julia Bradbury's "Railway Walks") pass close by. The National Sailing Academy in Portland Harbour, which hosted the 2012 sailing Olympics, can be seen from the cottage windows.
Photo: Smallmouth Bay, just below the cottage
- 2-bedroomed, mid-terrace, 19th century cottage, renovated and refurbished.
- Gas central heating.
- Family-friendly: travel cot, high chair, stairgate, child bed guard, toy box, books, games.
- Spacious lounge and dining room, interlinked through an archway.
- Smart TV, DVD, music centre (radio/iPod dock).
- Free WiFi internet connection.
- Kitchen: fridge, freezer, electric oven/gas hob, washing machine, microwave, dishwasher, and every bit of kitchen equipment you can think of.
- Back door into courtyard for hanging out washing, plus patio table and chairs.
- Front bedroom: full size double bed (and wonderful views of sea and Chesil Beach).
- Second bedroom: 2 full-size single beds.
- Bathroom: shower over bath, WC, wash hand basin (and the views).
- Bed linen: if you prefer not to bring your own, linen may be hired (very small cost, see web site).
- Grocer's shop, pub, angling and fishing tackle shops, bank, restaurants - all close by.
- Parking: either behind or in front of the cottage. Children can play outside perfectly safely (it is an access road only).
- Nearby buses run every 10 minutes into the town centre and sea front, or the other direction to Portland.
Phone Pat, or email, or book online: click the red "availability and booking" button on the web site.