Sleeps: 2 (+ sofabed).
Pets welcome - £15.
Low season £200 - £250 pw.
High season £250 - £350 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01900 815317 or 01773324024
Mariner's Cottage is tastefully furnished and equipped to a high standard, and is perfectly situated to take advantage of the excellent variety of attractions this area has on offer.
All the accommodation is on the ground floor:
- Mariner's cottage has a good sized Lounge, a dining kitchen, double bedroom, and separate bathroom with shower cubicle.
- The lounge settee can be converted into a second double bed if required.
- Linen and towels are provided.
- Heating is by electric fire, and gas central heating.
- There is no additional charge for power and heating.
- Depite being situated in the middle of Allonby villlage, the rear of the cottage overlooks open countryside.
- Cows and sheep regularly graze in the field overlooked by the kitchen.
- The tranquil village of Allonby is situated on Cumbria's Solway Coast, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- Mariner's cottage is located in the centre of Allonby, with open views across the Solway Firth to Scotland.
- This very peaceful and relaxing base is ideally situated for visiting un-commercialized West Cumbria, and the magnificent Lake District National Park.
- Keswick is just a 30 - 35 minute drive away.
- The coastal towns of Maryport, and Whitehaven with their marinas are a short distance down the coast.
- Carlisle with it's castle and compact, shopping centre is an easy, uncongested 25 minutes to the North.
- In-land from Allonby, there are quiet country lanes, which can be explored on foot, or bicycle.
- Pub meals are available in some of the nearby villages.
- The local beaches are great for a peaceful stroll, or for the more energetic, there is often great surf in Allonby Bay.
- Fishing is good, as the Solway is not fished commercially.
With coast, countryside, lakes, and hills, there is something for everyone, whatever the weather!