Maximum of 2 dogs welcome - (no additional charge).
Low season £525 pw.
Mid season £585 pw.
High season £650 pw.
Christmas/New Year £700.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Melanie Flint
Tel: 02392 632911
Fax: 02392 632288
Reload this mapMarchburn is a traditional Scottish country croft cottage, nestling in the heart of Glen Clova one of the most beautiful Glens in Angus. Set in an acre and a half of our own grounds with the March 'burn' bordering the northern boundary.
The cottage offers pure escapism from the rush and tear of day to day life. With walks to suit all abilities and endless wildlife and stunning landscapes.
- A family holiday home, Marchburn offers extremely comfortable and very well equipped accommodation.
- Marchburn has full central heating and a woodburner for added atmosphere.
- All the accommodation is on the ground floor.
- Both twin bedrooms have their own bathrooms making the accommodation very versatile.
- The open plan living area, brand new for 2010 has an excellently equipped handmade kitchen, a Victorian Oak dining room table for dining and cosy sofas to slump in front of the woodburner after a day on the hills.
- Marchburn is just 20 minutes from the town of Kirriemuir, the birth place of J M Barrie, the author of Peter Pan.
- Perth and Dundee are just an hour away.
- Among the many local places of interest include Glamis Castle the childhood home of Queen Elizabeth the Queen mother.
- The east coast between Montrose and Arbroath offers some excellent alternative walks and surroundings.
- The excellent 'local' - the Clova Hotel offers excellent meals and is only a mile away from the cottage.
The owners Paul and Melanie use Marchburn as their family holiday home and have taken great pride in the interior décor. The kitchen is made by Pauls own carpentry company. Melanie has used the Scottish theme for the interiors with tartan soft furnishings and other Scottish related items that give it a home from home touch.
- 2 twin bedrooms both with their own bathrooms, all linen and towels are provided. One bathroom has a washing machine.
- The kitchen offers a full sized oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, coffee machine and food processor.
- Open plan living area, with french windows, woodburner, telephone, sky television, DVD player and CD/iPOD player, comfy sofas and dining table.
- Large fully enclosed garden with terrace beneath pergola for alfresco eating when the sun shines!!
- Large porch with plenty of shelving for all the walking clobber.
Glen Clova is tucked into the south-east corner of the Cairngorms National Park. The impressive environment of forests and heatherclad hills is home to an enormous variety of wildlife including red and roe deer, red squirrels, mountain hare, red grouse, ptarmigan, buzzards and eagles - all readily spotted in Glen Clova. The River South Esk, which winds its way through the Glen and just 200 yards in front of Marchburn, is a European Special Area of Conservation, and Corrie of Fee with its outstanding botanical interest, is Caenlochan National Nature Reserve.
Don't be put off venturing into the Glen in Autumn and Winter. The October/November colours are trully stunning and the Glen is quite beautiful with snow. Sadly one is rarely snowed in as their efficiency with the snow plough is amazing (although not guaranteed of course!).
You will not be disappointed by a visit at any time of year to this beautiful area of Scotland.