MALSTON MILL FARM
Sleeps: 2 - 6 +cot.
Sorry no pets.
ETC: 4 Stars.
Prices: £275 - £1890 pw.
For a free colour brochure please contact:
Tony & Linda Gresham
Tel: 01548 852518
Fax: 01548 854084
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapJust occasionally you find something truly wonderful
25 Jun, 2 Jul, 9 Jul
Malston Mill dates back to 1740 and was grinding corn until about 1900. It is now a private residence with six luxury cottages, set in 16 acres of beautiful Devon countryside. With an air of timeless tranquility, the property overlooks parkland and landscaped gardens. There is also a magnificent, well-stocked, one acre lake.
Malston Mill is personally owned by Tony and Linda Gresham, whose obvious love of gardening and tasteful attention to detail make this holiday venue a unique experience. Whether it is a family holiday or a romantic break, Malston Mill Farm not only provides beautiful, cosy, comfortable and clean self catering accommodation but impressive leisure facilities and stunning gardens. It is a venue that all guests whatever their age can come and enjoy - something truly wonderful.
All six cottages are luxuriously and individually furnished to an exceptionally high standard. Original features including millstones, mill workings, old oak beams, exposed stone and brickwork have been retained where possible to maintain the character of the property. Personal details and homely touches are apparent in the tasteful use of fabrics and furnishings.
- Each cottage has a fully fitted kitchen including a microwave, electric cooker and hob, and a fridge with small freezer compartment.
- Towels, linen and duvets are all included in the rent.
- Cots are available in Riverside, Mill and Waterfall Cottages but please bring your own cot bedding.
- Electricity is included. Electricity for snooker lights, sauna and air hockey game are coin operated.
- There are log fires in five of the cottages (logs available at nominal cost).
- There is an on-site laundry with automatic washing machine (free useage) and a tumble dryer.
- There is also a payphone on site.
- We regret pets are not permitted.
- Short breaks are available during the low season.
- Please ask for details - we have a colour brochure to send to you.
You may be excused for thinking you are in the wrong West Country because the games area is no ordinary building. It is an exceptionally beautiful construction on an American ranch theme, a theme repeated throughout by the heavy balustrading, the galleried games area with skittles, table tennis and darts, air hockey and table football, and the snooker/pool room with its Western saloon feel - complete with verandah and rocking chairs.
A centre feature with herringbone brickwork and giant chess pieces completes the scene. There is also a fitness room and an American infra-red sauna.
Soft play area for uner 5's.
Indoor Swimming Pool
We have a magnificent indoor swimming pool - aproximately 30ft x 17ft, which has a Gothic timbered ceiling and an upper gallery feature. Elaborate, detailed brickwork and an inglenook fireplace complete this unique setting. The pool is heated and open for the exclusive use of resident guests (Mid February to the end of October, and also Christmas and New Year).
Outdoor Leisure Facilities:
Fishing - The one-acre lake (coarse fishing) is stocked with specimen carp, tench and rudd.
Fishing is free of charge, with a maximum of two rods per person. There is a general licence which covers guests when they fish.
Outdoor swimming pool - The heated outdoor pool (approximately 50ft x 25ft) is open throughout the summer months only and features balustraded walling giving a Mediterranean feel. An attractive summerhouse and covered barbecue area are adjacent to the pool.
Tennis - The en-tout-cas all-weather court is available for use free of charge. Tennis rackets and balls provided.
Outdoor Whirlpool - 100 degrees F.
Outdoor children's play area - tree house with rock climbing frame.
Things to Do
Walking or Cycling - Miles of coastal path, known to walkers as The South West Way, allow magnificent views over coast and country as they wind up and down over cliff tops, around sheltered coves and across sandy beaches.
- If you enjoy an active holiday, you'll find plenty to do here. Amongst the most popular activities are sailing, fishing, horse riding, golf, bird watching and, of course, walking.
- Among the places to visit are numerous gardens, vineyards, museums, castle, country parks and leisure parks. Railway and boat trips are varied and always popular. And with time to spare it can be a joy to go shopping in general and shopping for crafts in particular.
Sailing and Sea Fishing - Sail or windsurf at Newton Ferrers, Salcombe or Dartmouth. There are plenty of opportunities for sea angling, wreck fishing, and other watersports.
Golf - There are courses at Thurleston, Bigbury and Dartmouth.
Horse Racing - Regular race meetings are held at Newton Abbot and Exeter.
Eating and Drinking - Eating out is a favourite pastime for most people and you won't be disappointed here. Countryside inns, quayside restaurants and cosy bistros are abundant.