THE ARTIST'S STUDIO
Sleeps: 2 (+1).
Well behaved dogs are welcome.
Price range £300 - £495 pw.
Tripadvisor 2014 certificate of excellence: 5 Stars.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01239 891221
Reload this mapMaen-Offeiriad is situated on the slopes of Foel Drygan in the Preseli Hills, about seven miles from Newport Pembrokeshire. It is an extremely peaceful and beautiful place, always alive with birdsong and set in wild, unspoilt countryside. Access is along a 300m stone track from a minor road.
We have two cottages to let: the Artist's Studio and the Garden House. The Artist's Studio is a small detached converted stone barn that sleeps two to three. The Garden House is a timber frame/stone building that sleeps up to four in two bedrooms, a double and a twin.
Click here for link to the Garden House page.
The Artist's Studio is a charming old barn, built from local Preseli stone. It sleeps two to three in two bedrooms.
Prices include electricity, heating and firewood.
- It has a sunny breakfast room with quarry tiles and former chapel leaded-glass window, a big open-plan living/main sleeping area with a woodburning stove, a characterful kitchen, shower room and separate toilet.
- The main sleeping area is on the ground floor with a large double bed and a sleeping crog loft on the first floor provides 2 additional single beds, partially open to the main room. This area is accessed by ladders.
- Freeview TV/DVD, IPOD Dock and Wifi Internet provided.
- There is an outside dining area with a table and chairs.
- The Studio is simple, rustic and characterful in style.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the accommodation or the area.
The properties are set within five acres of gardens, paddocks and copses which guests are welcome to explore. Wildlife abounds: unusual birds including goldcrests, goshawks and hen harriers have been regularly sighted, and red kites are commonplace here.
Maen-Offeiriad is ideal for nature-lovers, walkers and mountain-bike riders, and for anyone wanting peace, natural beauty and simple, unfussy comfort. The open country of the Preseli mountains is right outside; this photo was taken five minutes walk away. The coast at Newport is fifteen minutes drive, with beautiful beaches, coves and cliffs.