Sleeps: 1 / 6 +cot.
Pets welcome by arrangement
(Max 2) - £15 charge.
WTB: 3, 4 and 5 Stars.
Wren's Nest: £130 - £330 pw.
Blackbird Cottage: £175 - £530 pw.
Swallow Cottage: £200 - £570 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Ann Reed, Madog's Wells,
Llanfair Caereinion, Welshpool, Powys SY21 0DE
Tel: 01938 810446
Reload this mapMadog's Wells is in a quiet, beautiful, secluded valley, surrounded by plenty of wildlife, and is ideal for walking or touring Mid-Wales.
The three holiday bungalows are carpeted throughout, and have
Wheelchair Access - statement available on request.
Lots of equipment for disabled guests, access statement available on request.
Hoist - £20 pw. This is payable on arrival and is towards servicing costs.
A compact two bedroom bungalow (WTB 3 Stars):
- Lounge-dining room: Contains sofa, easy chair, table and chairs and a wall-mounted gas fire. TV (Sky Free Sat.) and hi-fi system.
- Kitchenette: Well equipped with fridge/freezer, Calor gas cooker, water heater, microwave, electric kettle and toaster, and use of washing machine. Smoke detector, fire blanket and extinguisher also supplied.
- Two bedrooms (one double, one single): Beds made up ready for your arrival. Heating in bedrooms is by plug-in radiators.
- Shower room has toilet, wash handbasin, level shower and 2 grab rails.
- No smoking please.
A spacious three bedroom bungalow (WTB 4 Stars):
- Oil fired central heating.
- The well equipped kitchen/diner contains fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, cooker, toaster, kettle, table and chairs etc, fire extinguisher, fire blanket, heat and smoke detectors.
- The lounge has ample seating, including a Queen Anne style chair, TV (Sky Free Sat.) and hifi system.
- The three bedrooms comprise one double, and two twins. All beds are made up ready for your arrival.
- The shower room has toilet, wash hand basin and level shower with many strategically placed grab rails. There is also a separate toilet and wash hand basin.
- No smoking please.
Another 3 bedroom bungalow
(WTB 5 Stars):
Our self-catering units include:
- All the same facilities with the addition of a bath in the shower room and a balcony from the lounge.
Items available on request for guests' use where needed:
- Wireless internet available in the cottages.
- Ample cooking utensils, china, cutlery, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and first aid kits.
- All bedding, linen, some towels, tea towels and utilities are included in the prices.
- Ample parking and picnic tables are outside each unit.
- A rotary clothes line, pegs and a washing machine are available for guests' use.
- There is a children's play area, a games room, darts, pool and table tennis (parental supervision for under 12's please) and a basketball ring in the yard.
- Try our scaled solar system walk up a mountain to Pluto.
- 1 acre woodland walk.
- There is a payphone for guests to use as we have no mobile phone reception here.
- Bed table.
- Toilet seat raisers.
- Bed blocks and chair blocks.
- Percher chair.
- Wheeled shower chair / commode with removable arms.
- Toilet frame.
- Folding bed rest.
- Hoist (max 20 st) (a donation towards servicing would be appreciated).
- Welshpool livestock market Monday.
- Golf at Welshpool, Newtown, Llanymynech.
- Fishing in rivers Severn, Banwy and Shropshire canal.
- Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway.
- Bird watching and mountain walking.
- Pistyll Rhaeadr (highest waterfall in Wales).
- Border castles including Montgomery and Powys.
- Barge trips and canoes at Welshpool.
- Lake Vyrnwy, Clywedog dam.
- Centre for Alternative Technology, Machynlleth.