2 Lyndalan Cottage,
Kirkland of Longcastle,
Sorry no pets.
Prices from £149 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01988 840318
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapLyndalan Cottage is a traditional stone built Galloway cottage in the heart of the Machars peninsula in the undiscovered area of beautiful South West Scotland. It is situated amongst the rolling pastures of Galloway's tranquil scenery and within easy reach of secluded beaches and old fishing villages, offering a relaxing holiday environment.
8 Mar, 15 Mar, 22 Mar, 29 Mar
Lyndalan Cottage in years gone by was a smallholding; at around the turn of the 20th century it was used as a work base for both cobblers and tailors. Children from the former Longcastle School nearby would come and get a bowl of soup or jammy piece for a penny.
Lyndalan Cottage offers you the perfect base to explore this quiet corner of Scotland and the ideal peaceful atmosphere in which to relax and unwind. A step back into history yet with all modern conveniences.
- The cottage has been refurbished to a high standard, yet has retained much of its old character and charm with exposed beams, original fireplace with a wood-burning stove and a traditional farmhouse kitchen with dining area.
- The cottage offers 2 double bedrooms, with coombed ceilings, the main one with en-suite toilet and shower.
- The downstairs bathroom has a bath and electric shower.
- The spacious and cosy living room has TV, VCR, DVD and CD player as well as a selection of board games.
- The cottage has the added attraction of a beautiful sunroom that has plenty of comfortable seating overlooking the enclosed country cottage garden with garden furniture and barbecue. There is also a small pond. (Parents of young children - Please Note).