THE LUCARNE and THE CAINS
Sleeps: 4 / 6 and 4.
The Cains: £300 - £490 pw.
From £110 pd.
The Lucarne: £360 - £550 pw.
From £130 pd.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01759 302147
Reload this mapDevonshire Mill is a grade II listed water mill of historic interest, set in extensive gardens. Perfectly located for a peaceful and relaxing holiday yet close to many attractions.
- The accommodation is tastefully converted from the mill granary incorporating all the original beams. Most of the mill mechanism still exists.
- Guests are welcome to enjoy the garden in which there are badminton and BBQ facilities.
- Seasonal organic produce is available.
FLEXIBLE BOOKING: SHORT BREAKS, ANY STARTING DATE AND VARIABLE NUMBER OF NIGHTS.The Lucarne (sleeps 4/6) named after the projecting sack hoist, has one double and one twin bedded room, bathroom, large open plan kitchen, sitting room and spacious upper gallery.
The Cains (sleeps 4) named after the last miller, has one double and one twin bedded room, bathroom with shower, kitchen, sitting room.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome (prior notification please).
- No smoking.
- Ample car parking.
- TV, Video (+ small library), DVD, and CD.
- Linen and towels provided.
- Full central heating.
- Cot and high chair available.
- Secure bike store.
- Conservatory and laundry facilities.
- Pocklington is a traditional, bustling market town with several pubs, restaurants, cinema and arts centre on the edge of the unspoilt Yorkshire Wolds. There are extensive opportunities for walking in the chalky hills and cycling on the quiet roads.
- Burnby Hall Gardens, which houses a national collection of water lilies, is within walking distance.
- The park-and-ride is 15 minutes away giving easy access to York with its mediaeval minster and city walls and many museums including the Jorvik centre and Railway museum.
- Nearby activities include gliding, fishing, golf, wind surfing and BMX trail.
- There are many historic houses and gardens in the locality, including Castle Howard, Sledmere and Burton Agnes. Children and the family can enjoy Flamingo Land, Eden Camp, Elvington Air museum and the Viking village.
- The Yorkshire coast is within easy reach.