24 LOWER SHADER
Isle of Lewis,
Sleeps: 4 (+2 on sofabed).
Pets welcome by arrangement.
Low season £230 - £250 pw.
High season £255 - £270 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Sheelagh Morrison
Tel: 01494 763074 or 07771957137
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapPhoto:
28 May, 4 Jun
Interesting shoreline 15 minutes walk from the cottage.
24 Lower Shader is a cosy, comfortable and peaceful cottage in a quiet location. The house was originally the family croft built in the 1920's and completely renovated in the 1990's. It is situated on the North West of the Island about 17 miles from Stornoway. There is a mini market in Borve, two miles North and a larger one five miles to the south in Barvas. For eating out locally the highly recommended Borve House Hotel is close by.
- The house is within walking distance of the shore and is in an ideal position for walkers, bird watchers, surfers and touring the island.
- It sleeps 4 to 6 people and consists of 2 public rooms, 2 double bedrooms, a downstairs bathroom and kitchen.
- There are two storage heaters and other electrical heaters; there is also the option of using the open fire in the living room and the stove in the kitchen.
- Much of the furniture in the second public room, which can be used as a dining room or third bedroom, is original.
- Displayed on the hallway walls are an authentic collection of historic tools originally used for crofting.
- Attached to the house is a building which can be used to store equipment such as surf boards, bicycles, fishing rods and is also suitable to hang wet suits to dry.