LOUGH INE HOUSE
and GATE LODGE
Sleeps: 3/4 and 10.
Sorry no pets.
Irish Tourist Board: 2 & 4 Stars
Gate Lodge: 420 - 620 Euros pw.
Lough Ine House: 1,980 - 3,280 Euros pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 0044 207 727 3129
Fax: 0044 207 727 1416
Lough Ine House ★★★★
This lovely Regency house, built in 1830 as a hunting lodge for Lord Carberry is surrounded by parkland of 6ha on the edge of Lough Ine, a famous beauty spot, 4km from Skibbereen. The property has its own shingle beach. The area is noted for its wildlife and is a protected nature reserve of outstanding beauty.
The Gate Lodge ★★
- 5 double bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Laundry room
- Ping-pong room
At the entrance of Lough Ine House is the 18th Century Gate Lodge which is rented separately.
Lough Ine is well known as one of the most romantic spots in West Cork. This enchanting lough is Europe's largest seawater lake and boasts an amazing array of unusual marine life. In the middle of the lough is an island on which the O'Driscolls built a castle, the ruins of which can still be seen today.
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 single bedroom
- 1 sofa bed
- 1 bathroom
- Line fishing is permitted on Lough Ine.
- Trout fishing (with permit) on the river Ilen and deep sea fishing are available nearby in the picturesque harbour of Baltimore (4km), where you can also join the Sailing School.
- Just 2km from the house is an 18 hole golf course and a riding school.
- There are excellent restaurants and pubs in Baltimore and Skibereen, and there are many places to visit such as Creagh Gardens, Sherkin Island, Cape Clear, Bantry House, Glandore, Schull and many more.
- Cork Airport 85km.
- Ferryport 90km.
- Car Rentals at Cork Airport.