Sleeps: 6 (including 2 children).
Further accommodation for 2 in a double suite (separate to the cottage) on a room only and nightly basis available.
Low Season £585 pw.
Mid Season £685 pw.
High Season £750 pw.
Christmas and New Year £800.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Melanie Flint
Tel: 02392 632911
Fax: 02392 632288
Reload this mapCourtyard cottage at Lone Barn is ideally situated for short breaks/holidays offering respite from the hectic day to day rush of life. Only 1.5 hours from London, set in the heart of Hampshire countryside in a rural and secluded position.
The cottage is set within the courtyard of Lone Barn nestled in the valley just off the South Downs beneath Broadhalfpenny down - the home of English cricket. For walking and biking enthusiasts there are many picturesque walks from the door on the extensive bridleways/footpaths that surround Lone Barn. Close enough to the southcoast for a vast choice of beaches and seaside activities. Melanie ensures that the cottage is more like a home rather than a holiday stopover and hope that guests respect it as if it was their home.
- The cottage is set within the courtyard of Lone Barn. It is excellently equipped and furnished to a very high standard and has full central heating.
- The open plan kitchen/sitting/dining room with its large vaulted and beamed ceiling gives spacious living accommodation with solid oak flooring and bespoke handmade oak and painted kitchen, and a warming woodburner for those chillier days, and French doors opening out onto the courtyard for some summer sunshine and where meals can be enjoyed on the terrace. Large garden to run around in with lots of hideaway places to escape to (Shared use with the owners).
- The bedrooms, one double with ensuite bath room and stairs accessing the Attic Den which sleeps 2 children in 2 single futon style beds, and one twin bedroom with ensuite shower room.
- Further accommodation for 2 people in a double suite (separate to the cottage) is available for visiting friends and family. A double bedroom with ensuite shower room and its own sitting room with woodburner, can be booked on a nightly, room only basis. See owners own website for prices.
- Centrally located between the historic cities of Winchester, Chichester and Portsmouth there is an endless supply of attractions to suit all interests.
- The South Down way and Queen Elizabeth Country park are close by and offer some stunning walking, cycling and horseriding.
- The beaches of West Wittering, Hayling Island and Southsea, are all within easy striking distance.
- The ground floor bedrooms have electric blankets, hairdryers, radio alarm clocks and bath robes.
- Wireless internet is available in the cottage.
- All linen and towels are provided and are of excellent quality.
- The bathrooms have heated towel rails, shaver point, with light and shaver mirror.
- Large sitting/dining room with woodburner, endless supply of books, CD player, ipod docking station/speakers, flat screen television with freeview, and DVD player.
- Kitchen fitted with fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher, electric fan cooker with induction hob and warming drawer, food processor, coffee machine.
- Terrace with seating for eating alfresco.
- Use of large garden.
- Use of tennis court.
- Ample off road parking for 2 - 3 cars.