12 Castleton of Blairfindy,
Sleeps: 6 +cot.
1 well behaved dog welcome.
Tourist Board: 4 Star.
Price range £280 - £495 pw.
Short breaks min 3 nights: £60 pn low. £70 pn high.
For further details please contact:
Dr Alan Norman, or Mrs Sara Norman
Tel: 01606 75208
Reload this mapSituated in the stunningly beautiful Glenlivet area of the Cairngorms National Park, Lochranza Cottage is the ideal base for either a relaxing 'get away from it all holiday' or for enjoying exceptional mountain biking, walking, skiing, golf or fishing. Originally built to house workers from the world famous Glenlivet distillery, the cottage is in the heart of 'The Malt Whisky Trail'.
Lochranza Cottage was recently refurbished to an extremely high standard providing warm, comfortable accommodation rated 4-star by The Scottish Tourist Board.
- Downstairs there is a large living/dining room with cosy woodburning stove, satellite TV/video/DVD, CD player and a selection of games, modern fully fitted kitchen with fridge, freezer, washer/drier, microwave and dishwasher, bathroom with shower and bath and 1 twin bedroom.
- There is a telephone available for incoming and emergency calls.
- An initial supply of logs and kindling for the woodburner are provided free of charge.
- Upstairs is a double and one further large twin bedroom.
- There is a selection of books videos and DVDs including a number of OS maps, local interest and walking books.
- Outside is a private garden with patio, furniture, BBQ and off-road parking.
- Included within the price are all electricity and oil as well as towels and linen.
- Also available are travel cot, cotside for bed and highchair or booster seat.
- Glenlivet is perfectly located for enjoying the best of Scotland's outdoors. Walkers have the option of anything from low level to 4000 ft mountains.
- Mountain bikers can use man made trails such as Moray Monster or Laggan Wolftrax or undertake arguably the best wilderness MTB routes in the UK.
- Golfers are not left out either with inland courses (including the highest tee in the country at Dufftown!) and Scottish Links classics such as Nairn close by.
- The Moray Firth offers some fabulous sandy beaches and even the opportunity to surf or body board at Lossiemouth.
- There is an excellent variety of local restaurants including the award winning Minmore House Hotel.
- Inverness and Elgin provide extensive shopping and there is a local shop/petrol station 4 miles away.
- The area is well serviced for access. Aberdeen and Inverness airports are both 1 hour away and the A9 allows easy road travel from the south.
You will be assured an unforgettable and relaxing time at Lochranza Cottage.