LOCH ODHAIRN CROFTHOUSE
Isle of Lewis,
Sleeps: 7 (+1 on sofabed).
Cot and high chair available.
Pets welcome - £5 surcharge.
Prices £290 - £480 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01827 830235
Fax: 01827 830555
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapWe hope to welcome you to Loch Odhairn Crofthouse, following our successful first year. It is a modernised stone building dating back to the early 19th century and it overlooks a mile-long sea-loch from an elevated position. Our family and friends have been using the house for holidays for ten years and we have built up a stock of books, maps and local information that you can use.
- The house is cosy and comfortably furnished. We have local paintings and craftwork including some Harris tweed accessories.
- The bedrooms upstairs are a standard double bed and a twin-bedded room, both of which have stunning views.
- The downstairs bedroom sleeps three, in a single and bunk beds, and also has a view over the loch and front garden.
- The bathroom and shower room are also downstairs.
- The kitchen has a dining table, fridge/freezer and everything you need for cooking.
- There is a washing machine and tumble dryer in a small utility room.
- We find the multi-fuel stove very easy to use and it will heat the whole house but there are electric room heaters in every bedroom.
- Cot and high chair available.
The main reason we are letting the house is that we want to give other people the chance to share it. Once you have been, our visitors' book consistently agrees, you will never forget the beauty, peace and sheer magic that is this part of Lewis.
- The garden consists of an enclosed area with shrubs, herbs and a lawn around the house and a larger wilder garden with a stream.
- In the inner garden you can sit and admire the view across the Minch and spot wildlife on the loch - if you are lucky the resident otter might appear. In fact it is a prime area for wildlife watching, especially birds including eagles and corncrakes.
- If you bring a dog please be aware that sheep roam freely and you should keep the dog on a lead when out.
- A tent can be erected and canoes, bikes etc can easily be accommodated.
- Fortnightly bookings at 10% reduction on the second week.