Dumfries and Galloway
Sleeps: 2 on sofa bed.
£395 per week all the year round.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01387711767 or 07768650943
Reload this mapThe Boathouse is situated amidst stunning scenery on the shores of Loch Fern, in rural Galloway. It is a holiday retreat for couples who want to get away from the stresses of life and immerse themselves in peace and tranquility. The views from the balcony change with the clarity of light and the passing seasons.
- The surrounding woodland is a haven for flora and fauna. Red kites, badgers, deer and otters are regularly seen and if you are very lucky, you may spot an osprey.
- The RSPB site at Mersehead and the Solway coast is nearby and for the energetic, the 7stanes mountain biking challenge is close by.
- The 14 acre loch is home to some of the finest wild brown trout in the area and fishing can be arranged on booking.
- Dalbeattie, with all main amenities, is 2.5 miles away and Castle Douglas, Scotland's food town is 8 miles away.
- The accommodation is reached by twelve steps and then on one level. It is well insulated and heated by a convector heater.
- The accommodation comprises an open plan studio room with a French window opening onto a balcony overlooking the loch and a shower room, with electric shower, WC and wash basin. There is a high quality double sofa bed, TV, music centre, electric cooker, microwave, fridge, (freezer downstairs) and dining furniture.
- Electricity is included.
- Bed linen is provided.
- Water supply is fed by loch - bottled water is supplied for drinking.
- Off road parking.