One small pet welcome by arrangement.
Tourist Board: 4 Star.
Price range: 350 - 700 euros pw.
Discount for 2 and 4 adults all year.
Discount if you stay 2 are more weeks.
Weekends by request.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 00353 74 9735443
Mobile: 00353 87 9743282
Reload this mapThe cottage is a recently completed, detached bungalow. It has four bedrooms to sleep up to eight, a main bathroom, two en-suites and a separate toilet off the utility room. A fully fitted kitchen and a large dining area. And a large sitting room. The cottage is fully insulated and double glazed, with oil fired central heating, and an additional oil burning stove in the fireplace. Located on a large, landscaped property, with plenty of parking, a large front lawn, and a patio on one side of the house. A quiet, scenic, and peaceful location, with spectacular views from the doorstep, of Inver Bay and the beach. What more could one wish for?
Inver and Mountcharles are two small villages between the larger towns of Donegal Town 7 mile to the East and Killybegs 8 mile to the West. All are linked by the N56, the southernmost section of the main artery linking all parts of the periphery of Western Donegal, from Dunfanaghy in the North to Letterkenny in the East, and Dungloe in the West. A drive along this route will reward one with some of the most spectacular scenery anywhere in Ireland. There will be many side-roads tempting one to take a turn to see what lies beyond, and perhaps 2 or 3 days will be needed to do justice to the tour.
- One need not have to travel far, for there is much to see and do along the South Donegal Coast.
- Scenic attractions are many, and a visit to the awesome cliffs at Slieve League, said to be the highest in Europe (nearly 2000 feet), is not to be missed.
We are sure that you will enjoy your stay at Lindsay's Cottage.
- Water sports include, Angling. One can fish in fresh water lakes and streams, or hire a boat and go deep sea fishing at Killybegs Sea fishing may be enjoyed off the rocks at St. Johns Point. Mackerel, Pollock and Bian are plentiful in high season.
- Site seeing boat trips ont he water-bus, at Donegal Town, Surfing and Swimming at Rossnowlagh, Sub-Aqua diving at St Johns Point.
- Hill walking is another very popular activity, it costs nothing, requires no special gear, (except a pair of good shoes) and is beneficially healthy. There are many areas waiting to be explored.
- Horse riding and trekking on horseback, another great way to explore the countryside. Deane's Equestrian Centre is nearby, at Bruckless.
- Golf. Nearest courses are at Murvagh, Donegal Town. (8 miles) A little further away is the Narin-Portnoo Golf Club.
- Just half an hour away in Bundoran is Water world an award winning Aqua Adventure playground for children of all ages. Enjoy two leisure pools. A slide pool with three slides - Scute Shute, Traffic Light Slide and Tornado Flume plus the Whizzer Slide, the fastest waterside in Ireland and over 65m long. A wave pool with 5 wave patterns, 2 speed rapids plus lots of children's slides and features. Fantastic family fun for all.
- And if you just want a relaxing time just sit back and enjoy the lovely views and the sheep and cattle in the fields and the noise of the waves splashing against the rocks.
What is included in price:
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- main living area has fireplace with oil burning stove
- TV, video, DVD
- fully fitted kitchen
- electric hob and oven
- microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher
- washing machine, tumble dryer
- outside clothes line, iron and ironing board
- dining table with 8 chairs
- patio area with patio furniture and barbecue
- 3 min walk to lovely sandy beach
- 8 miles to the fishing port of Killybegs
- 7 miles to Donegal Town
- 3 miles to shops, pub etc in Inver
- 5 miles to Mt Charles
- quiet and peaceful location
- ideal touring base
- ample parking
- 2nd TV in dining area
- spectacular views from all forward facing windows
- one small pet welcome by arrangement
- 4 star approved accommodation
- bed linen
- central heating