Northumberland / Scottish Borders
1 well behaved dog welcome by arrangement.
Price range £250 - £340 pw (fully inclusive).
For further details please contact:
Tel: 07881 497925
Reload this mapWest Cottage is a delightful holiday cottage near Berwick upon Tweed. In The Tweed Valley. On the border of England and Scotland. Refurbished to a high standard, this clean and comfortable, semi-detached farm cottage is a perfect setting for a relaxing holiday in the countryside. The River Tweed is within easy walking distance and it is just a short stroll to the River Whitadder.
- The bustling market town of Berwick-Upon-Tweed with its famous Elizabethan town walls, shops, bars, Theatre, Leisure Centre and museum - 2 miles.
- An excellent base for fishing the rivers, Tweed, Whitadder and Till.
- Explore the Heritage Coastline and countryside of North Northumberland and the neighbouring Scottish Borders. Deserted sandy beaches, dramatic cliffs, Cheviot and Lammermuir Hills.
- Castles and stately homes within 2 min - 30 min drive. (Paxton House, Alnwick Castle and Gardens, Bamburgh, Floors, Manderston - to name but a few.)
- The Holy Island of Lindisfarne is just 15 min drive (Accessible by causeway at low tide.)
- The Farne Islands (Birdwatching, Seals, Puffins, Boat trips) - 35 min drive.
- Riverside walks - 500yds.
- Sandy Beaches and Sand Dunes - 3 miles.
- Edinburgh and Newcastle approx 1hrs drive or 45 min by train.
- Golf Course - 3 miles. Links Course- 7 miles.
- On National cycle route 1.
- Riding, scuba diving, Tennis Courts - available locally.
- Easy access to A1.
Can be booked together with East Cottage which sleeps 3.
- Bedroom with double bed and good storage.
- En-suite bathroom with over bath electric shower.
- Sitting room / dining area, which is open plan to the well-equipped kitchen.
- Fully enclosed south facing garden with garden furniture.
- Parking for 1 car.
- Washing Machine.
- Fridge with Ice Box.
- Flame Effect Stove.
- Electric Cooker.
- Electric panel heating throughout (electricity included).
- Pure cotton bed linen (with duvets) and towels provided (Please bring your own beach towels).