Isle of Lewis,
Sorry no pets unless medical assist dogs.
Visit Scotland: 5 Star.
Price range: £800 - £1450 pw.
Opening season discounts available.
For further details please contact:
LINDA MACLEOD BROWN
Tel: 01425 483078 or 07961 445632
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe Lewis Longhouse, Taigh Fada in Gaelic, is a new and unique, luxurious home-from-home. Located just above a bay on the east side of the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides, it is close to the beach in an area of peaceful, natural beauty. With uninterrupted views, we think this is a special place to escape and relax.
30 Aug, 27 Sep
In an idyllic location to explore history, culture and wildlife, the house is set low on the hillside with wide, uninterrupted views east, south and west to watch the world go by and weather change throughout the day. Soak up the views through floor-to-ceiling windows south to Broad Bay and rare reeds beds, from stunning sunrises east over the bay to west for sunsets over the moors.
This stunning, low-impact building is a modern take on traditional Lewis houses, comfortable in its surroundings, but with contemporary design and energy-conscious technology to make your stay a pleasure. It is fully equipped to the highest standard with all you need for a perfect stay.
Inside the House
- This is a substantial and luxurious house designed to be a home from home with a spacious, doubleheight living area, two large bedrooms, two bathrooms and a quiet relaxing area upstairs with viewing balcony and wifi-connected office area.
- Downstairs, the spacious open plan living/dining/kitchen area has large windows bringing the outside in and glass doors opening south onto a large deck.
- Underfloor heating keeps oak floors warm underfoot and a multi-fuel stove keeps you cosy even in the wildest weather.
- The kitchen area is well stocked, with induction hob, ovens, wine chillers and fridge, oh and a dishwasher to make tidying up a little easier.
- Bedrooms face south to make the most of the views. The master suite with superking bed, has a wet-room style ensuite. The second bedroom (superking or twin) sits across from the bathroom which offers a relaxing bath and separate shower.
Check our website for the latest availability and prices. Short breaks available outside high season.