LES FRIES BARN
Ruette Des Fries,
Sorry no pets.
Guernsey Tourist Board: 4 Star, Gold.
Low season £410 - £570 pw.
High season £610 - £1020 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Sue Taylor
Tel: 01481 252966
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapOur secluded old barn is situated next to our traditional Guernsey farmhouse and within easy walking distance of Cobo Bay - a popular sandy beach on the west coast of Guernsey. It is located down a quiet lane, surrounded by fields and the barn has its own enclosed patio, small lawn and barbecue area with access to our Hot Tub. Cobo Village, with its restaurants, pub, fish and chip shop, pharmacy, small supermarket, post office, tea-room and sweet shop is a mere ten minute walk away.
4 Oct, 25 Oct
We have tried to use environmentally-friendly building methods throughout. Recycled materials have been used wherever possible and lime mortar to re-point the granite to allow the walls to breathe. The roof is insulated with cork; we've used non-toxic paints and the water is pre-heated using solar tubes. The floors and window-sills and some internal walls are made from Guernsey elm.
- This exceptional accommodation which won an award in the Guernsey Design Awards is reached by climbing several granite steps and through a low oak entrance door.
- The open-plan sitting room/dining area into which you walk has a balcony overlooking it, which doubles as a spacious main bedroom.
- As well as oil-fired central heating, there is a large wood-burning stove, which is quite a feature.
- Wi-Fi available.
- There is a second bedroom with a double and a single bed.
- The small well-equipped kitchen has a Belfast sink, granite worktops and has all modern conveniences including dishwasher, fridge, microwave, washing machine, ceramic hob and electric oven. A freezer and tumble-drier are situated in the downstairs storage area.
- The bathroom is a delightful mix of the old-fashioned (a cast iron bath) and new (luxury shower and low-flush toilet).
- Strictly No Smoking anywhere on the property.