AR NEAD BEAG
(Gaelic for 'our wee nest')
c/o Kincardine Lodge,
Isle of Arran,
Photo: The cottage is on the left of our house (as shown in next photo below).
Sleeps: 2 (2 single beds).
Not suitable for children.
One well-behaved dog by prior arrangement (£15 pw).
Weekly bookings only.
Please view the Vacancy Calendar for availability and tariff.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01770 830267
Reload this mapSituated in one of Scotland's prettiest sea lochs, Lochranza is an idyllic setting for a peaceful holiday. Ar Nead Beag is perfect for two people with stunning views through attractive gardens to Lochranza Bay, Kintyre and Argyll.
Adjoining Kincardine Lodge Guest House (to the left under the sloping roof) this quaint hideaway offers a cosy base for geologists, bird watchers, cyclists, walkers and golfers (there are 7 courses on Arran). Comfortably furnished it comprises a recently refurbished kitchen with modern facilities and breakfast bar, and sitting room with bay views. On the first floor there is a bathroom and bedroom with two single beds and memorable views to Lochranza Castle, Glen Chalmadale and across the Kilbrannan Sound to Kintyre.
Only a thirty minute drive from Brodick or a five minute walk from Lochranza ferry, the cottage is conveniently situated for exploring the northern hills and coastal path, and is just a mile from Lochranza golf course and the newly acclaimed Distillery. Evening meals are available at several local restaurants and hotels, one only a two minute walk from the cottage.
Photo: Our location is halfway between the castle spit and the ferry quay.
Lochranza is a mini-version of the BBC's Autumn Watch where you can see seals lying on the rocks at low tide, golden eagles soaring in the valley, a healthy population of red squirrels scampering amongst the trees and red deer sauntering through the village. During the autumn "rut" the stags' calls echo throughout the valley. Otters, dolphins, porpoises and basking sharks are frequently sighted and there are a wealth of sea birds and raptors.
- Own private side entrance leading to sitting room with views of the loch.
- Flat screen TV with DVD player, radio, electric 'wood burner' stove, books, games, maps and extensive information about the island.
- Refitted kitchen with breakfast bar, electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, iron.
- Night storage heater, additional convector radiators.
- Narrow staircase leading to first floor with:
- Bathroom - bath, toilet and wash basin.
- Bedroom - recently refurbished - two single beds, drawer units, hair dryer. Stunning view to Lochranza Castle and bay.
Jean and Andy look forward to welcoming you to 'our wee nest'.
- Relax in the garden and watch the yachts slip into the bay (photo shows view down the garden to the loch).
- Parking and cycle storage.
- Car not essential as close to bus route.
- One well-behaved dog welcome by prior arrangement.
- Washing and drying facilities (small charge) from main house.
- Tariff is fully inclusive of electricity, water meter, hot water, heating, lighting, bed linen, towels, and kitchen linen.
- Lettings run weekly from Saturday 3pm to Saturday 10am.
- This characteristic Edwardian cottage with its original narrow staircase is unsuitable for children, elderly or those with limited mobility.
- No Smoking within the property.