KINCAPLE STABLES COTTAGES
The Coach House,
Sorry no pets.
Price range: £595 - £795 pw.
Short breaks: from £105 per night (min 3 nights).
Prices for Christmas, New Year and Golf Open on application.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 07780 695 960
Reload this mapRecently refurbished to high standard from coaching stables originally built in 1787, the Stables Cottages are situated in a quiet location just two miles from the centre of St Andrews, the beaches and Old Course.
West Sands Cottage has a longer, lighter layout which has two double bedrooms (one can be converted to a twin), one shared quarry slate-tiled WC/bathroom with bath/shower, heated towel rails and underfloor heating; a beautiful kitchen looking out towards the quiet, wooded area with its own parking space, and a comfortable living room with a cosy limed oak dining table and large, L-shaped sofa for enjoying the warmth of the log-burner and the TV/DVD. Thick designer-plaid curtains can be pulled against the intense summer light or the blustery winter winds; we have used storage heaters combined with underfloor heating and the woodburner for maximum efficiency and warmth.
- Cottage 1 (West Sands Cottage) and Cottage 2 (East Sands Cottage) are both on one level, being still in the original stables building built around a courtyard which also includes the old Coach House, where the owner lives. While this means the cottages are not grandly spacious, they are both extremely attractive, tastefully decorated in natural/contemporary style using a palette inspired by the nearby beaches and sea, kitted out with every last gadget you could need - and very comfortable.
- The huge advantage we have is our location, which really is as close as you could get to St Andrews without being into the town itself - while still being in quiet, wooded grounds set back from the surrounding fields which slope down to the beaches and sea. This means that, as our repeat visitors say, while you are definitely enjoying a country cottage holiday, you also have the option of evenings out in the local restaurants, bars, cinema or theatre without having to take expensive taxis or drive for miles.
East Sands Cottage is built on a corner layout and, though it's the more 'bijou' of the two, East Sands is still able to accommodate 4 very comfortably in one Kingsize and one twin-bedded room. It has a slightly smaller bathroom/WC with towel heater, slate floor with underfloor heating, no tub but instead a large and luxurious power shower tiled in Fired Earth mosaics. The colours in East Sands are lighter, as we have used a quartz quarry tile on the floors instead of the darker African slate of West Sands cottage; the fabrics are pale brocades and ticking stripes. The cottage has quirky details like a cowhide rug in front of the woodburner, a 'coat tree' and a station luggage rack on a wall, complete with deer stalker and other hats... The kitchen looks out over the wooded area, its own parking space, small decking terrace - and, beyond, a glimpse of the sea.
Both cottages have been fitted by local craftsmen with handbuilt kitchens, well-equipped with such life-enhancers as a decent espresso machine and a wine cooler. Microwave by request.
- The cottages are comfortably furnished with good quality bedding, towels and linens, the underheated floors are quarry tiled, and each cottage has its own woodburning stove to gather round after a day's golf, walking or exploring the surrounding countryside and coastline.
- Prices are inclusive of heating and linen.
- Welcome packs of local foods, champagne, wine, chocolates etc can be ordered as extras.
- There is ample parking in the grounds, and luggage can safely be stored with the owners should you need to arrive before 3pm in the afternoon.
- Bikes can be rented in town, and St Andrews is only a pleasant 20 minute ride along the coastal cycleway.
- We're also within easy reach of Leuchars station (which serves St Andrews), also the fastest way to Edinburgh and the airport train/bus link.