THE COTTAGE at KIERFIOLD HOUSE
Kierfiold House, Sandwick, Orkney KW16 3JE
Sleeps: 2 (occasional three).
Sorry no pets.
Price: £350 - £400 per week.
For further details please contact:
Bob or Joanna Henson
Tel: 01229 861800
Reload this mapThe Cottage at Kierfiold House is situated at Sandwick in the north west of Orkney mainland. Skaill Bay and the Neolithic village of Skara Brae are just 1 mile away with some lovely south west facing beaches. To the north are the well-known beauty spots of Marwick Head and Birsay.
The stone built cottage (on the left of the picture) is in the grounds of Kierfiold House, a Victorian dower house built in 1852. The cottage which was originally the coach house is bright, sunny and modernised with fine views to the south and west. The cottage is well set back from the road and there is ample parking beside the cottage.
There are supermarkets and all facilities in Kirkwall, there is a small but excellent supermarket in Dounby, 3 miles away, together with a pub/hotel/restaurant and petrol station. The ferry port of Stromness is 7 miles to the South and has many shops and other facilities including a brand new Co-op store scheduled to be open for the 2015 season as well as cafes and restaurants and an excellent museum of Orkney life and achievements.
- Our aim is to provide a quality experience for two people (couples or companions) in a thoughtfully decorated, well-furnished and fully equipped cottage. We hope serious cooks will find all they need in the kitchen to produce whatever they desire. The location is ideal for bird-watching, archaeology, walking, photography or just quietly chilling out in a very relaxing environment.
- Delightful living room with multifuel stove, windows on three sides, TV/DVD player.
- Fully fitted kitchen with oven/hob, dishwasher, washing machine/dryer, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Downstairs shower room with toilet, shower cubicle and washbasin.
- Upstairs lovely double bedroom (5ft bed) with windows to east and west.
- Upstairs dressing room with single bed (4 ft).
- Bathroom with shower over bath, toilet and washbasin.
- Electric storage heating and multifuel stove.
- Bed linen, duvets and towels (not beach towels) are included in the price for two guests.
- Internet Access - please see note at the beginning of 'Owner's Noticeboard and Visitor Comments'.
- Sorry, no pets.
- The cottage is a no smoking house.
- We keep the 52 week vacancy chart (see above) up to date, please check availability before enquiring. We only rent full weeks from Saturday to Saturday. The Orkney tourist season is May through to end of September. We are available for bookings in both April and October but we have to maintain our normal prices during these months due to the high cost of heating (coal, there is no mains gas on Orkney).
- If you are enquiring from North America, look at the "Owner's Noticeboard" for information about the season, climate and location of the Orkney Islands.
- See 'Owner's Noticeboard' for travel advice to Orkney.
- Please email or phone if you wish to book or simply to enquire. We will post or email you a booking form if you wish to make a booking, we require a 25% deposit upon booking with the remainder due 4 weeks before your booking commences. Our detailed terms and conditions can be found at the end of the notes on the 'Owner's Noticeboard'.