Sleeps: 6 +cot.
Well behaved pets welcome by prior agreement.
Low Season: £335 - £395 pw.
Mid Season: £440 - £635 pw.
High Season: £720 pw.
Christmas and New Year: £720.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01672 870659
Fax: 01672 870005
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapKestrel Cottage is situated in a rural location between Great Bedwyn and Crofton, on the edge of Savernake Forest, with endless country walks, and a wide variety of wildlife. The cottage enjoys views across open farmland.
27 Dec, 3 Jan, 10 Jan, 17 Jan, 24 Jan
- The Kennet & Avon Canal runs close by with beautiful walks along the tow path; take a gentle walk to Great Bedwyn where you will find the local Bakery, which sells its own freshly made bread. Take a ten minute walk in the other direction to Crofton Pumping Station, the oldest working Beam Engines in the world. There are many interesting sights to see and things to do along the canal. Caen Hill flight of 29 locks at Devizes is well worth a visit. There are plenty of inns close by the canal along the way where you can refresh yourself.
- Narrow boat trips are available from nearby Hungerford and Pewsey.
- Great Bedwyn is on the Wiltshire Cycleway; there are many cycle routes in the Wiltshire Downs area which links to the Ridge Way Path.
- The area is rich in history, with such sites as Avebury Stone Circle, Kennet Long Barrow, Silbury Hill, St Martin's Chapel at nearby Chisbury and the not so ancient Crop Circles which appear on the Marlborough and Pewsey Downs from time to time.
- The village of Great Bedwyn which is in an area of outstanding natural beauty has a village shop, post office, baker, garage (no pumps) and two pubs. There is a main line railway that runs past the cottage. With a station in Great Bedwyn with direct access to London Paddington in approximately one hour. Please check location map on owners web site before booking. The attractive historic town of Marlborough is 7 miles to the west with many shops, tea rooms, pubs and restaurants.
- Hungerford lies 5 miles to the east with a variety of antique shops to browse in. For a larger selection of shops and amenities there are the towns of Swindon, with its Railway museum and designer outlet shopping centre, the market town of Newbury and the lovely old town of Bath is approximately one hours drive west along the A4.
- The cottage is in an ideal location for touring the area with places like Longleat Safari Park, Cirencester Water Park, Bowood House, Stourhead Gardens, The Hawk Conservancy nr Andover, the South Coast and many, many more.
- The cottage is fully equipped (just bring yourself).
- Large comfortable lounge with 3 piece suite, bed settee, coffee table, two bookcases with plenty of books to read and games for the children, TV with Freeview channels, video, DVD, stereo with CD, radio and a gas coal effect fire to keep you cosy.
- Fully fitted and equipped for six people the kitchen/dining room has a built in oven and hob, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher, also a microwave oven, toaster, kettle and radio. Matching pine table, chairs and sideboard.
- Shower room with power shower, wash basin and toilet.Upstairs there are two large bedrooms and a bathroom:
- Bedroom 1: Comfortable double bed with pocket sprung mattress, dressing table with stool, bedside cabinets and wardrobe. Hairdryer.
- Bedroom 2: Two single beds, bedside cabinets, dressing table with stool and wardrobe. There is a fold up bed, travel cot and high chair available.
- Bathroom with corner bath, wash basin and toilet.
- The cottage is non smoking.
- Full central heating.
- All elecricity, gas, oil and linen included in price.
- Ample parking.
- Shops and pubs 1 mile.
- There is an enclosed paved and gravel garden area round the cottage with garden furniture and barbecue from where you can enjoy the views over beautiful open coutnryside.
- Use of three acre paddock beside cottage.
- There is parking area for 2 / 3 cars in front of the cottage.