Low season £220 - £325 pw.
Mid season £325 - £399 pw.
High season £430 - £499 pw.
Short breaks min 3 nights:
Low season £180.
Mid season £210.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01600 890720
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapKerne Cottage is a recently refurbished building that was once a forge built in the 1830's. It has been transformed into a warm, cosy holiday cottage for your comfort and enjoyment.
9 May, 30 May, 6 Jun
The cottage stands in one of the most beautiful parts of the Wye Valley just a few steps away from the famous River Wye, (but high enough above it, not to have problems with flooding). It also stands on the Wye Valley Footpath, offering many walks without having to cross roads. A dogs paradise!! Coppett Hill is opposite the cottage again offering good walks and views, and the Royal Forest of Dean is a short drive away with its vast history of timber, coal mining, and iron ore production.
- Also nearby are the Malvern Hills, Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains, The Skirrid, Sugar Loaf, and Hay Bluff. The ruins of Tintern Abbey, Goodrich and Raglan castles, and the Peregrine Falcons at Symonds Yat.
- The Inn on the Wye offers good food and beer and is 150 metres away.
- The same with the Mill Race or Ye Hostelrie 3/4 of a mile away.
- Two shops 3/4 of a mile away.
- The market town of Ross-on-Wye 4.5 miles, and Monmouth 6 miles away.
- Locally, golf, clay pigeon and air-rifle shooting, fishing, rock climbing, canoeing, the ultimate rope experience Go Ape. Off-road driving, mountain bike off-road trails, hot air ballooning, quad biking, archery, horse riding,and falconry.
- Antique shops.
- The worlds biggest book shop Hay on Wye.
- Situated on a bus route.
- Two double bedrooms, one with a very comfortable double bed, the other with an equally comfortable King sized bed which can be divided into two single beds. Please advise on the required configuration when booking. TV's in both rooms.
- Fully equipped kitchen with cooker, dish washer, microwave, fridge, hood, toaster, kettle, dining table with four chairs, and radio/CD & Ipod player.
- Cosy lounge with log burner, settee, two swivel arm chairs, coffee tables, side lamps, dresser with glasses. Digital TV, DVD/CD player.
- Bathroom with shower cubicle, wc, shaving point with mirror, and heated towel rail.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble drier and heated towel rail.
- Private parking for two cars.
- Beds made up on arrival.
- Paved and gravelled garden area enclosed by trellis with scented plants, table and chairs, umbrella, and barbecue by request.
- Storage can be provided for bikes etc, but we do request prior notice.