Sleeps: 5 (+2 on sofabed).
Pets welcome (dogs on lead around livestock).
Low season £300 pw.
High season £475 pw.
Xmas, New Year £650 pw.
For further details please contact:
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapJockas House is in Skelpick, which is 3 miles from Bettyhill Village where you will find the most amazing deserted beaches. It stands alone in a third of an acre garden, with uninterrupted views of the valley.
5 Sep, 12 Sep, 19 Sep, 26 Sep, 3 Oct
- Tastefully furnished lounge with a comfortable recliner suite, Sky TV, DVD, video CD player with surround sound. Plenty of DVD/Videos.
- Large kitchen diner, with Electric cooker, microwave, refrigerator/freezer and washing machine and dishwasher.
- Large Family Bathroom.
- Upstairs Bedroom 1. King-size Bed, DVD playback.
- Upstairs Bedroom 2. Double Bed.
- Downstairs Bedroom3. Single Bed.
- Double sofa bed if needed.
- Skelpick is situated in Sutherland on the north coast of Scotland in a river valley 3 miles from the village of Bettyhill that has beautiful sandy beaches and a rugged coastline. The landscape offers a variety of wonderful walks and climbs for all abilities where the local wildlife can be admired. Dogs too can have a great time as there are no restrictions on any of the beaches.
- Bettyhill has two village stores, one of which bakes bread on the premises and houses a post office. A large hotel is open to non residents all year round, and at the weekend you can get local caught fish and chips from the tourist information café, also for those of you that feel inclined why not try the village leisure centre that offers an indoor Swimming pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Gym, and Solarium.
- Skelpick is close to the river Naver which is known for its Salmon fishing and the Strathnaver trails which explore the clearances and the history of the area which were shown on the program Coast and to this day you can still see ruins of where the people used to live. There are also a number of hill lochs in the area that hold the beautiful Brown Trout.