Sleeps: 4 (+ 2 on sofabed).
Cot and highchair available.
Sorry no pets other than guide dogs.
Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb: Closed.
Mar, Apr, Oct: £365 pw.
May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep: £415 pw.
Prices include heating and electric.
For further details please contact:
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapIvydene is a two bedroom Orcadian cottage, built adjacent to a natural spring feeding a small pond, which is visited by various species of birds. It is surrounded by fields without near neighbours, yet within walking distance of the historic harbour town of Stromness, where amongst narrow, winding streets can be found shops, pubs and cafes. Enjoys views over Stromness, Scapa Flow and the Hills of Hoy.
- The cottage is centrally heated by electric storage heaters and electric is included in the rent.
- It sleeps 6 by way of one double bedroom, one twin bedroom and one double sofa bed in the lounge. Bedding and towels are supplied.
- The kitchen is of modern design and is equipped with oven, hob, microwave, kettle, toaster, grill, fridge freezer, washing machine, tumble drier, dish washer, cutlery, cooking utensils and crockery.
- An electric coal effect fire and freeview TV are provided in the lounge.
- There is a shower wet room with w.c. and wash basin and a sun lounge with table and chairs.
- There are 2/3 off road parking spaces and there is disabled access to the premises.
- The cottage is a short drive away from the Loch of Stenness and the Loch of Harray where free fishing is available and boats may be hired.
- Sea fishing by boat is available from Stromness.
- Golf is available at the Stromness Golf Club.
- Stromness is the main centre for diving in Scapa Flow and is the first place of arrival for many visitors travelling by ferry.
- There are nearby sites of historical and archaeological interest, including the Standing Stones of Stenness, the Ring of Brodgar and Maes Howe. Within a few miles are Scara Brae, the Brough of Birsay and Skaill House.