Cinn An Bhaile,
West of Ireland
Sleeps 4 adults plus 3 children.
Rent by week only June-September. Long weekends possible for other months
Free wireless internet.
No smoking inside this thatched cottage.
Euro 350 - 500 pw.
High season (Jun-Sep):
Euro 500 - 550 pw.
There is a 75 Euro fee payable to the caretaker to cover cleaning, linen, fuel and local island environment fees.
For further details please contact:
Reload this mapThe Aran Islands, are the Westernmost islands of Europe lying some 30 miles out into the Atlantic off Galway Bay. The middle of the three islands Inis Meain (The Middle Island) is possibly the most isolated and peaceful place you could hope to find.
Our eco-cottage is in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Up to six people can experience beautiful surroundings and modern comforts without adversely impacting the delicate ecosystem of the Aran islands. Our original thatched fisherman's cottage is now a restored environmentally-friendly dwelling, powered by the islands three wind generators that harvest electricity from the Atlantic winds. Heating is via a modern under-floor system - powered by the windmills, and a turf-fired solid fuel stove. Our water is filtered pure rainwater. The food supply is organic, supplied by a close knit island community that lives close to nature. They grow delicious organic potatoes in a perfect loamy mix of seaweed and sand. They fish the Atlantic sustainably for lobster and salmon in currachs. Artists, writers, botanists and nature lovers have long been drawn to the island's unique natural beauty, its strong local tradition, language and heritage. Inis Meain also produces beautiful clothing exported to some of the finest fashion stores in he world.
The cottage stands on the highest point of the island enjoys magical views over Galway Bay - to the purple mountains of Connemara, the hills of Clare to the East and the distant mountains of Kerry to the South. It is a truly breathtaking vista, constantly changing with the weather and always alive with the comings and goings of fishing boats, the inter-island ferries, and the small planes that service the three islands.
Electricity for Inis Meain is now provided by environmentally friendly windpower.
- There are three bedrooms and accommodation for up to 4 adults or 3 adults plus 2 children.
- The cottage has a modern underfloor heating system as well as an 'open-view' solid-fuel stove which burns peat briquettes or coal.
- The cottage kitchen is by Miele and is well equipped with appliances, including gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher and contemporary furnishings.
- The cottage can be rented year round, - whether to witness the wild Atlantic storms of winter or the explosion of wild flowers in Spring, or the long Summer days where the light never seems to fade.
- The thatched pub on Inis Meain has an architectural gem where closing hour never seems to come.
- There are two shops where fresh food can be obtained and newspapers are flown in daily from Galway.