14 The Village,
Peak District National Park,
Cot and High Chair available.
Low season £255 - £285 pw.
High season £295 - £345 pw.
Midweek and Weekend Breaks available also.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01924 275014
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapSituated at the head of the Holme Valley within the Peak District National Park this early 19th century listed cottage has two bedrooms. Enjoy a wood burning stove plus electric storage heating. Superb scenery, excellent walking and cycling country, renowned village pub.
17 Oct, 14 Nov
- The Holme Valley, from Huddersfield in the North, is peppered with interesting little towns and villages, traditionally dependent on textile industries. These include Holmfirth, more recently famed as the base for TV's 'Last of the Summer Wine'.
- Approaching via the Holme Valley, the village of Holme is almost the last outpost of civilisation on the A6024 before the long climb to Holme Moss and some of the wildest country in the north. No wonder this road is one of the first to get snowed up each winter.
- This liitle gem of unspoilt Yorkshire country life is worthy of its inclusion in the Peak District National Park which protects many of the properties from the ravages of modern development.
- Situated on the cobbled square Holmfirth Cottage (No 14 The Village) offers a cosy base to explore nearby walks. Take a look at our website map and the aerial photography to appreciate the extent of countryside on your doorstep.
- Three miles to Holmfirth itself and within easy reach of major national attractions if you wish: Yorkshire mining museum. National Media Museum. The Royal Armouries. Yorkshire Sculpture park. Hepworth Gallery.
- Visit our website to read the Holmfirth pdf file for a lots of activities in the neighbourhood.
- But why not just relax after your walk by a wood burning stove and enjoy a slower pace of life for a few days.