Sorry no pets.
Low season £300 - £350 pw.
Mid season £400 pw.
High season £450 - £500 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01439 788 993
Reload this mapHillside Cottage is situated within the beautiful half acre garden of Hillside, the main house, in the West End of Ampleforth village. It lies within the boundary of the North York Moors National Park with fine views of the Howardian Hills. The garden is open under the National Gardens Scheme.
The cottage, which was converted from an old barn, is built from local stone with a red pantile roof. It is attractively decorated throughout. The ground floor accommodation consists of a beamed living area with exposed stone walls, a well equipped kitchen with french doors to patio area, and a bathroom with an electric shower over the bath. A hall and stairway lead to two good sized bedrooms.
- Sleeps 4 - one double (king size), one twin bedroom.
- Electric heating included.
- Woodburning stove.
- Off-road parking.
- Washing and drying.
- Bed Linen and Towels included.
- Internet connection.
- Cooker, microwave, fridge and dishwasher.
- Access to garden of main house with patio.
- Travel cot, high chair, bedrail and booster seat.
Ampleforth is a traditional Yorkshire stone village in an area of outstanding natural beauty. The village shop / post office, two excellent pubs and a fish and chip shop are all within walking distance of the cottage. Both pubs serve meals and bar snacks.
Ampleforth is close to the market towns of Helmsley and Thirsk and 20 miles north of York. Ampleforth offers:
- Excellent local walks, including parts of the Cleveland Way.
- Access to the North Yorks Moors, with its steam railway and other tourist attractions.
- Yorkshire Dales for walking and sightseeing.
- The North Yorkshire Coast with resorts including Whitby and Scarborough, attractive fishing villages and sandy beaches.
- Days out in the historic cities of York, Harrogate and Ripon.
- Museums - York is famous for its museums and there are many local museums that give an insight into traditional Yorkshire life.
- Several country houses, abbeys and castles which are open to the public, including Castle Howard and Rievaulx Abbey.
- Golf, fishing and horse riding.
- Close to Ampleforth Abbey.
- Close to Flamingoland and Lightwater Valley.