Galloway House Estate
Dumfries and Galloway,
(4 with sofabed).
Low season £310 pw.
High season £405 pw.
For further details please contact:
Ella McCreath - See our Facebook page
Tel: 01988 600694
Fax: 01988 600695
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapHigh Lodge is a beautifully restored 18th Century cottage on Galloway House Estate. Originally a gamekeeper's cottage it is set amid a listed landscape which is organically farmed. In front of the cottage the fields roll down to the sea with the Galloway Hills in the distance, barely another house visible.
The ecological cottage is powered by the wind. There is a subtle windmill charging batteries which supply the electricity.
High Lodge is 5 minutes walk from a safe sandy beach and 10 minutes drive from Wigtown - Scotland's booktown.
- The intimate cottage has one attic bedroom reached by a loft ladder, a cosy den with the double bed tucked under the beams.
- The sitting room with its spectacular views has a real fire and sofa bed.
- The oil fired Rayburn makes the Shaker style kitchen cosy and inviting.
- The bathroom with its freestanding bath has a view of the orchard to the rear of the cottage.
- All linen and towels are provided as is fire wood.
- Bicycles available.
- Home baking delivered to your door.
- Home reared organic beef available.
"I am tempted to tuck the decidedly quirky High Lodge in my pocket and take it home."
Scotland's Best Feature in 'Homes & Interiors Scotland', Feb 2004.
We have three further properties to rent on the same estate, sleeping 6 - 8, and 2 - 4.
As featured in The Guardian travel section 27th April, 2013. "Our bolthole, High Lodge is filled with a log-burner, Rayburn oven, huge bath and a decanter of whisky."