1 Brae Road, Gourdon, Near Johnshaven,
Aberdeenshire, DD10 0LX
Small pet by arrangement.
Price range: £350 - £525 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Marie Claire Reid
Reload this mapHeron House is a recently modernised apartment on two floors. It is an ideal location for a quiet break and a good base for exploring the east coast of Scotland. All rooms have views over the working harbour of Gourdon. Gourdon is a small fishing village located 24 miles south of Aberdeen. There is a museum, a Spar shop, 2 fish shops, a fish and chip restaurant and a pub, which overlooks the harbour. There are regular buses up and down the coast.
Sleeps 4 in one double and one twin room. The house is heated with solid fuel and also has electric heating. All coal, electricity, linen and towels are included in the price. WiFi internet access is also included.
Things to Do in the area:
- Accessed by stairs at the back of the house.
- The entrance porch has room for coats and shoes.
- The bathroom is white and bright and has recently been fitted with a 3-piece suite and Mira Electric shower.
- The spacious kitchen has newly fitted oak units, a washing machine, dishwasher, microwave and fridge freezer. There is a dining table at the kitchen window where you can enjoy your meals whilst taking in the superb views towards the harbour.
- The large lounge has an open fire and 2 comfy settees. It has stunning sea views, which are constantly changing and really are mesmerising. You can often see herons out on the rocks at sea as you gaze out the window. There is a TV, DVD and CD player and a selection of games and books for your enjoyment. For the computer buff there is Wi-Fi which is inclusive.
- A pine staircase leads you up to the second floor where the 2 bedrooms are located. One room has a double bed and the other has 2 single beds. Both have fitted wardrobes and stunning views over the sea. The twin bedroom has a TV.
- Outside there is an enclosed paved area. There is a shed and 3 bicycles, which you may like to use to explore the coastal route. There is a decking area at the top of the stairs where you can sit and relax and enjoy the ambience.
- St Cyrus (5 miles south) is a pretty village that has a large nature reserve down near the white sandy beach.
- Johnshaven (3 miles south) is a little fishing village. It has a sports centre, a shop and 2 pubs.
- Inverbervie (1 mile north) has a selection of shops and good places to eat. The coastal path starts at Inverbervie and continues to St.Cyrus and is well worth a trek.
- Stonehaven(10 miles away) has a lovely town square. There is a beautiful harbour with a variety of good restaurants to choose from. The Open Air swimming pool is a must in the summer. Dunnoter Castle sits to the south of the town and is worth a visit. Crawton, which is also south of the town, is a bird sanctuary and a popular place for artists.
- Aberdeen (24 miles away) is a great city for shopping and has lots for kids to do as well as adults. There is a regular train service from Stonehaven if you don't want to drive.