1 Brae Road, Gourdon, Near Johnshaven,
Aberdeenshire, DD10 0LX
Small pet by arrangement.
Price range: £350 - £525 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Marie Claire Reid
Reload this mapHeron House is a recently modernised apartment on two floors. It is an ideal location for a quiet break and a good base for exploring the east coast of Scotland. All rooms have views over the working harbour of Gourdon. Gourdon is a small fishing village located 24 miles south of Aberdeen. There is a museum, a Spar shop, 2 fish shops, a fish and chip restaurant and a pub, which overlooks the harbour. There are regular buses up and down the coast.
Sleeps 4 in one double and one twin room. The house is heated with solid fuel and also has electric heating. All coal, electricity, linen and towels are included in the price. WiFi internet access is also included.
- Accessed by stairs at the back of the house.
- The entrance porch has room for coats and shoes.
- The bathroom is white and bright and has recently been fitted with a 3-piece suite and Mira Electric shower.
- The kitchen/ dining/ living space is open plan, each area having a window overlooking the harbour and sea. The views are truly amazing and a lot of guests say they spend much of the time in Heron House gazing out of the windows at the constantly changing scenery. You can often see herons on the rocks when the tide is out and dolphins occasionally visit too.
- In the sitting area there are 2 very comfy setees, positioned close to the open fire. There is a tv and dvd player and lots of dvds and books, cards and games.
- Wi-fi is free.
- The kitchen has a washing machine,fridge freezer, microwave, ceramic hob, oven, iron and is fully equiped with everything you might need to cook a lovely meal.
- The dining area is very comfortable and is a great place to sit at whilst gazing out to sea.
- A pine staircase leads up to the second floor landing which accesses both the double bedroom and the twin bedroom. Both rooms have fantastic views to the sea and the brae at the back. Both rooms have fitted carpets and fitted wardrobes. The twin room has a tv.
Things to Do in the area:
- Outside there is an enclosed, paved area where the coal bunker is situated. There is also a table/bench for your use. At the top of the stairs that you go up to access the property there is a decking area where you can enjoy a coffee or a nice glass of wine (weather permitting).
- The fish and chip shop (Hornblowers) in the village has won awards for being the best in Scotland and is definately worth a visit or two.
- The harbour Bar in the village is a very friendly pub and landlords Debbie and Bruce always make you welcome. There is a pool table in the pub if you fancy a game.
- St Cyrus (5 miles south) is a pretty village that has a large nature reserve down near the white sandy beach.
- Johnshaven (3 miles south) is a little fishing village. It has a sports centre, a shop and 2 pubs.
- Inverbervie (1 mile north) has a selection of shops and good places to eat. The coastal path starts at Inverbervie and continues to St.Cyrus and is well worth a trek.
- Stonehaven(10 miles away) has a lovely town square. There is a beautiful harbour with a variety of good restaurants to choose from. The Open Air swimming pool is a must in the summer. Dunnoter Castle sits to the south of the town and is worth a visit. Crawton, which is also south of the town, is a bird sanctuary and a popular place for artists.
- Aberdeen (24 miles away) is a great city for shopping and has lots for kids to do as well as adults. There is a regular train service from Stonehaven if you don't want to drive.