HENDERSYDE FARM COTTAGES
Three Cottages: sleep 1 - 4.
Pets welcome in East and West Cottages.
STB: 4 Star (all cottages)
Visit Scotland "Walkers, Cyclists, Anglers and Ancestral Welcome" Awards.
Price range: £300 - £520 pw.
Discounts for couples on all bookings.
Price includes linen, towels, central heating, electricity, coal for the sitting room fire & Wi-Fi.
Only extras £20 per dog. £20 hire for cot & high chair.
Any day any length of stay you'll be welcome!
Suppers can be delivered too!
Credit & debit cards accepted.
Online availability, offers & booking options on our web site.
Millsyde Cottage, sleeps up to 6
For further details please contact:
Mrs Sue Beck
Tel and Fax: 01573 223495
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapYou're always welcome at Hendersyde - our family farm which lies between The River Tweed and Eden Water just 2 miles from Kelso, in the heart of the Scottish Borders.
16 Aug, 23 Aug
The Cottages have a simple, traditional lay-out. From the back porch, the kitchen leads through to the bath room, sitting room and garden door. Upstairs are a spacious twin and double bed room. Well behaved dogs are welcome to stay in East and West Cottages.
- The clean, comfy and very cosy cottages stand in a peaceful spot at the end of their own lane, in the middle of the farm.
- Surrounded by walks, wildlife and wonderful views to the Cheviot Hills in Northumberland, a great position for exploring both sides of the border.
- Walking across the farm you might see deer wandering between the woods; glimpse otter by the waterside or just stand in silence as a Barn Owl sweeps by!
- As well as stunning countryside across the rolling Border hills to the dramatic sandstone cliffs and sandy beaches of the coast.
- The Border Country is steeped in history with a wealth of castles, abbeys and great houses.
- The Border towns each have their own character and charm the small independent shops are a pleasure to visit.
- For the active the Borders is a great area for walking, cycling, golfing, fishing and riding.
- Or maybe you would rather just relax and visit one of the many brilliantly talented artists, craftsmen and designers - the Borders has over 80 studios and galleries!
- The space and ever changing light are a joy, so don't forget to bring your camera!
- Any day - any length of stay - you'll be welcome!
- Oil central heating throughout.
- Open fire.
- Fridge, freezer, microwave, washing machine.
- Colour TV, DVD Player, radios and CD/Cassette player, iPod dock.
- Private enclosed south facing gardens.
- Grass play-area beside the cottages.
- Washing facilities and secure sheds for bikes.
- Lots of books and local information!
- Delicious suppers can be delivered to the cottages.
- Farm walks.
- Short breaks welcome.
- Open all year.
- No smoking.
- Parking for 2 cars per cottage.
- Member of the Association of Scotland's Self-Caterers (ASSC).
- The farm is a member of LEAF (Linking Environment And Farm).
- "Welcome Host" award.
- "Walkers & Cyclists, Ancestral and Anglers Welcome" Awards.
- Delightful setting on the banks of the Tweed.
- Historic sites at Floors Castle, Kelso Abbey and Roxburgh Castle.
- Town and Riverside Walks.
- Cycle routes, 4 Border Abbeys Ride, Tweed Cycle Way.
- Excellent quality local shops and galleries.
- Pubs and restaurants.
- Swimming pool.
- Kelso National Hunt Race Course - just at the end of the farm road!
- Kelso Golf Course and The Roxburghe Championship course.
- The Border Union Showground at Springwood Park, hosts many diverse events.
- Salmon and trout fishing on the rivers Tweed and Teviot.
- Taxi Service.
- Half an hour from the coast and hills.
- About an hour from Edinburgh and Alnwick in Northumberland.