HAWTHORNE COTTAGE ANNEXE
Price range: £207 - £310 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01594 563117
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapHawthorne Cottage lies at the edge of woodland in the Forest of Dean.
26 Jul, 30 Aug
- The Flat has a modern open plan and fully fitted Kitchen/ Lounge with a Breakfast bar and colour TV.
- A Conservatory with Dining room furniture and easy chairs gives access to a mature landscaped garden and patio with garden furniture.
- A fully fitted Double Bedroom and tiled Shower room with toilet and wash basin.
- Under-floor and central heating, power and linen included.
- Car parking and dogs allowed.
- Many birds can be seen in the garden, buzzards overhead and a nest box with camera in is set up to watch the young develop.
- The Nagshead nature reserve bird watching is only a 30 min walk away, but you'll probably see as many birds in the garden.
- Symonds Yat peregrine site is nearby and an hour's drive will take you to Slimbridge Wildlife and Wetlands Trust.
- Places of local interest include the Speech House (built in 1676), Clearwell Caves (contains remains of iron working).
- The Dean Forest Railway operates steam trains from Norchard to Lydney and Parkend.
- The Nelson Museum in Monmouth and the Naval Temple on Kymin hill (Nelson visited in 1802).
- Lydney Park Gardens with Roman remains, taurus crafts and garden centre.
- In the forest there is Pedal-a-bike-away and Go Ape plus many picnic sites and attractions.
- Visit Puzzlewood, pre- roman iron mines and go down a coalmine at Hopewell Colliery.
- Also within easy driving distance are Gloucester Docks with its shops, museums, antiques centre and interactive museum of army life.
- Also near are the River Wye, Ross-on-Wye, Hereford, Tintern (with the Abbey) and Chepstow (with Racecourse and Castle).
- Within an hour's drive are Cheltenham, Bristol and Cardiff with theatres and other attractions.
It maybe that you'll just want to stay in the peaceful location and relax in the beautiful garden watching the birds and wildlife. Adjacent to the property are woods with lovely walks and cycle paths if you have a bit more energy.