Carbost, Isle of Skye
Sorry, no smoking.
Sorry, no pets.
Low season £475 pw.
High season £675 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 07970 700824
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Retro retreat, fabulously located on the awesome Isle of Skye. Number One Carbost stands on the crystal clear shores of Loch Harport, opposite the famous Talisker Whisky Distillery and within the shadows of the mighty Cuillin hills. Surrounded by wildlife and spectacular mountain scenery this is the perfect base from which to enjoy Skye.
7 May, 28 May
The cottage has recently appeared in The Guardian newspaper and Coast magazine and features mid-century furniture, handmade wallpaper and many vintage collectables.
The stunning Glenbrittle beach and many routes into the Cuillin are only ten minutes away, while the excellent local pub and characterful village shop are all within a few minutes walk.
We are just a few metres from the world famous Talisker whisky distillery (you can smell the delicious whisky mash from our doorstep) and the neighbouring Old Inn is one of the best pubs on the island. It serves excellent, locally sourced food, handmade beers and hosts lively music sessions often lasting well into the night! The characterful and well stocked village shop keeps newspapers and a great selection of food and drink and is within five minutes walk. Skye's 'capital' Portree and its pretty harbour is only 20 minutes away by car and offers an excellent choice of shops and restaurants.
- The characterful lounge is fun and colourful. It features vintage furniture upcycled with classic ladybird books and Orla Kiely fabrics. There is a huge, cosy corner sofa perfect for curling up in front of the large wood burning stove which also runs the sustainable heating and hot water system. The stylish dining area has a vintage table and chairs enjoys dramatic views over the loch.
- There is an excellent selection of books, films and games, an ipod docking system and several retro style, DAB radios.
- Chill out in our loft room and gaze at the stars through our roof light telescope or relax on a huge pile of handmade cushions and enjoy a film on our high definition BluRay DVD projector.
The garden has its own gate leading directly to the shore of the loch and a firepit where you can enjoy a starlit outdoor roaring fire.
- The cottage has been designed with relaxation in mind. There is no television and little or no mobile phone signal, WiFi is only available a few doors down in the excellent local pub. We find a low tech holiday helps our guests to relax, forget about work and really enjoy nature.
- There are double and twin bedrooms all with deliciously comfortable beds made with cosy, feather and down duvets and pillows and organic white cotton bed linen.
- The bathroom is modern with a white suite, colourful vintage decor and painted tongue and groove floors and wood panelling. There is a full size bath, electric shower and stunning views over the loch and surrounding hills.
- The handcrafted kitchen is fun, bright and well equipped with a great selection of vintage crockery and kitchenware and also enjoys lovely views across the loch.