Isle of Skye
Sorry no dogs.
Price range: £450 - £625 pw.
For further details please contact:
Steve and Sue Hollingsworth
Tel: 07933 485440
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapHalfpenny Cottage has a secluded and peaceful location on the popular Sleat peninsular, also known as the garden of Skye. There are beautiful views from the cottage over Knock Bay and the Sound of Sleat towards Knoydart, one of the last wildernesses in Europe. The cottage is easily accessed along a 150 yard private lane which elevates it from the main road connecting Armadale (4 miles) and Broadford (11 miles). Being just 17 miles from the Skye bridge the cottage is well positioned as a base to explore both the island and mainland areas such as Plockton and is an ideal location for both a relaxing break in beautiful surroundings or a more energetic exploration of the mountains and the sea.
29 Apr, 6 May, 13 May, 27 May, 3 Jun
- Halfpenny Cottage is a traditional crofter's cottage that has just been newly renovated to provide a high standard of comfort and cosiness. It is regularly used by the owners and has a welcoming, warm ambience.
- The kitchen is newly fitted and has a double electric oven and hob, fridge freezer, washing machine and microwave.
- Lovely views of the ever changing seascape and skies can be enjoyed from all the main rooms in the cottage.
- There is an open fire in the sitting room, a hallway and vestibule for walking gear and a downstairs bathroom to the rear with a modern shower, hand basin and toilet.
- A spiral staircase leads up to two bedrooms with a king size and twin beds prepared with crisp new cotton bedding.
- Heating is provided by a modern electric heating system.
Halfpenny Cottage is a wonderful place to get away to, but a wi-fi connection is provided.
- The cottage nestles in its own spacious garden area with outside seating and a barbecue.
- The sunrises and night skies can be truly remarkable as is the Sound of Sleat with its varied sea life, passing fishing boats and distant mountains.
- The sea shore is easily accessed - Knock Bay, with its rock pools, castle ruins, sandy beach and otters is just a three minute stroll down an old crofters' path, and there are many lovely trails throughout the area.
- There is a Hotel and Restaurant within a 10/15 minute walk and the Clan Donald visitor centre, local farm shop and several other popular hotels and restaurants nearby offer high class produce and seafood.
- Broadford is a short drive away and has good facilities including a supermarket, petrol station, hospital and a choice of restaurants.