Well-behaved dogs welcome.
Linen and towels included.
Prices range from: £715 to £1200 pw.
Hacket Forge is let Saturday to Saturday.
For further details please contact:
Joanna & Stewart Orrell
Tel: 020 8549 4377
Hacket Forge is a beautiful 17th century luxury Lakeland cottage nestled in an idyllic setting by the banks of the River Brathay and set amongst an acre of gorgeous gardens and tranquil woodland. It lies just a few minutes easy walk outside the pretty village of Little Langdale and sleeps up to 8 people; 6 in the main cottage, Hacket Forge, and 2 in the attached self-contained apartment, Brathay Loft. It provides the perfect Lakeland retreat for friends and family get-togethers.
The property has recently been fully renovated and is superbly presented combining ancient oak beams and original slate floors with beautiful antique furniture, quality modern appliances, cosy wood burners and a stunning decked dining area over the river.
- Hacket Forge has a spacious dining room with wood-burner, ipod/CD docking station, and separate living room with another wood-burner, comfortable sofas, HD TV, DVD and plenty of books.
- The kitchen is fully fitted with ample storage and all modern appliances and a set of French doors lead onto a beautiful decked dining area set over the river. There is a separate utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and toilet.
- On the ground floor there is a double bedroom with king-size antique brass bedstead, and slate tiled ensuite shower room.
- An original slate and stone staircase leads upstairs to two further bedrooms, (one double and one with two single beds, all brass bedsteads) and a stylish family bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle.
- Brathay Loft is a self-contained apartment decorated to the same high standards as the cottage, and is on the first floor of the property. It is accessed from the outside up original stone steps to its own front door.
- Inside it comprises a very spacious open-plan lounge /fully equipped kitchen diner with oak beamed ceiling, wood burner, HD TV and DVD player. There is a large window overlooking the garden and river and out towards the Wetherlam and Swirl How fells.
- The cosy double bedroom, with beautiful brass bedstead, overlooks the river, and there is a separate wet room with shower, sink and WC.
- There is an outdoor dining table set in the pretty front garden, lovely picnic spots in the meadow by the river and numerous other seating areas. There are rope swings for the youngsters (and young at heart) and several hundred metres of river frontage.
- The cottage is set well back from the road and there is parking for three cars.
N.B. Because of the proximity of the river, families with very young children will need to take extra care.
- The property is within easy walking distance of Colwith Force, Tilberthwaite Ghyll, Wetherlam and surrounding fells, Slaters Bridge, Tarn Hows and the Langdale Pikes with an abundance of beguiling scenery, tarns, mountains and becks to explore straight from your door.
- For those who fancy a stroll around the shops and cafes of Lakeland towns and villages, Ambleside, Coniston, Hawkeshead and Grasmere are within five miles.
- Boat rides on the Lakes, water sports, fishing and riding are within easy reach, and the nearest pub - the lovely Three Shires Inn, serving bar and restaurant meals - is a few minutes' walk from the cottage.