Isle of Arran
Sorry no pets.
£420 per week, March through to end of October.
£65 per night short stay (2 nights minimum).
NB. Please click on the Noticeboard / Visitor Comments button to see a selection of our visitors' comments.
For further details please contact:
Elizabeth Buchanan Arnott
Tel: 01770700317 (fax on request)
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapGuy's Cottage is a quirky, comfortable, self-catering property high above the southern end of Whiting Bay and above the Black Rocks. It is secluded and tucked away on the hill end of Home Cottages, a run of traditional white-washed cottages. Vehicle access is by a steep and narrow tarmaced road.
27 Sep, 4 Oct, 11 Oct, 18 Oct, 25 Oct
Facilities & Provisions
- The main room, converted from the original stone-built cottage, is a spacious sitting/bed room with log fire, leather couch and king-sized bed.
- The well-appointed kitchenette, small dressing room and bathroom with generous bath are in the southerly extension.
- French doors lead out from the kitchenette onto a small courtyard garden with barbecue available. A garden table and chairs are provided beside the porch.
- There is off-road parking for one vehicle and storage can be made available for bicycles.
- Logs, coal and kindling are provided.
- Electricity, under-floor heating, bedlinen and towels are included.
- Kitchenette equipped with electric oven and hob, microwave with grill, small fridge/freezer. Use of washing machine available in the owners' adjoining utility room.
- T.V. with D.V.D. & C.D. facility.
- This is a centuries old cottage with stone walls and an abundance of character including some low lintels.
- It provides a comfortable retreat and base for many activities - walking, cycling, beachcombing, exploring the scenic island or just relaxing.
- You do not need to go far to watch wildlife; a fair amount of it comes to the doorstep - diverse birdlife, red squirrels and deer, occasionally a badger or an otter and sightings of porpoises and basking sharks.