Linen & towels provided (included in price).
Electricity included in price.
May take up to 2 dogs - please enquire.
WiFi available (free).
Low season: From £289 pw, short breaks £79 per night (min stay 3 nights).
Mid season: From £350 pw, short breaks £89 per night (min stay 3 nights).
High season: From £389 pw.
Christmas / New Year: £420 pw or £99 per night (min stay 3 nights).
For further details please contact:
Tel: 07780 556185
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Romantic one bedroom getaway, this enchanting detached cottage overlooking a stream, is located just yards from a sandy beach and has wonderful views over Kilbrannan Sound to the Isle of Arran - seals, otters, sea-birds and porpoise are regular sights. With a pretty secluded back garden, it is set in the picturesque hamlet of Grogport, once a secret haven for whisky smugglers!
21 Jan, 28 Jan, 4 Feb, 11 Feb, 18 Feb, 25 Feb
- The village of Carradale, just 4 miles drive away, has 3 hotels with restaurants, a coffee shop, post office, a bakery/ general store, a pub, silversmith, police station and a health centre. It has a 9 hole golf course, sea fishing and riding as well as a wildlife reserve and a 2000 year old vitrified fort. It also has a harbour and a beautiful long sandy beach - easy access for swimming.
- Grogport is the perfect place to relax and unwind. It sits on the Kintyre Way, one of Scotland's newest walking trails. Whether you are reading a book, checking out the many interesting and historical places to visit or just simply looking at the ever-changing sea, this perfect setting has something for everyone.
THINGS TO DO
- Grogport is an excellent all year round base for exploring the surrounding sites and beautiful landscapes of Argyll and the Kintyre peninsula which boasts hidden coves, deserted beaches, medieval castles, tiny fishing communities and gentle hills.
- There are ferries to Arran, Gigha, Islay and Jura all within easy touring distance. There is also a ferry service from Tarbert to the Kyles of Bute (Portavadie) and a new service between Ardrossan and Campbeltown.
- Tarbert (18 miles) has a lovely old busy harbour with several shops, art galleries, restaurants, cafes and a 9 hole golf course.
- Campbeltown (17 miles) has 2 whisky distilleries, a delightful museum, cinema, leisure centre with swimming pool, 2 supermarkets and trips to Davaar Island and Ireland.
- Machrihanish (22 miles) has a famous 18 hole golf course and a new 18 hole golf course, and a bird watching centre.
- Carradale (4 miles) has a harbour, 2 hotels with restaurants, 2 restaurants, a coffee shop, 2 post offices, a bakery/general store, silversmith, police station and a health centre.
- Horse riding
- Local safe beaches
THE COTTAGE IS EQUIPPED WITH
- If you are a lover of seafood and shellfish, then why not spend some time exploring the Seafood Trail which showcases the best of local produce.
- The Seafood Cabin in Skipness (20 mins drive located next to the ruined castle) has wonderful seafood dishes. It is open from May - September and offers al fresco dining in the garden with stunning views over to Arran.
- In Carradale you will find restaurants in the Carradale Hotel, the Ashbank Hotel, Dunvalanree Hotel and the Glen Bar.
- Lounge with open log fire leading to Garden Room with French doors opening out to South facing back garden.
- TV/DVD player.
- MP3 docking station.
- Fitted kitchen with electric hob, oven, integrated fridge (with small freezer section), washing machine & microwave. French doors open out to riverside garden.
- 1 double bedroom with king-size bed, wardrobe and a chest of drawers.
- Shower room with large walk-in shower, toilet, wash hand basin and heated towel rail. Narrow access to WC.
- 2nd Shower room with walk in shower, toilet, wash hand basin and heated towel rail.
- Hair dryer, ironing board and iron.
- Duvets and pillows.
- Night storage heating.
- Secure garden.
- Off street parking.
- Easy walking access.
- Ground level accommodation.
- Shops 4 miles.
- Bed linen and towels are provided.
- Electricity included.
- Free WiFi.