Sorry no pets.
Price range: £325 - £350 pw.
Minimum stay 4 nights at £50 per night.
For further information please contact:
Tel: 01856 731754
Reload this mapGreenwell Cottage is an old croft house built on one level. The cottage is idyllically situated in 25 acres of arable farmland with panoramic views over the waters of Scapa Flow and has its own secluded rocky beach. Greenwell Cottage is not posh - but very homely.
- Burray is a small island with sandy beaches and sheltered bays making it ideal for water sports, including canoeing, waterskiing, sailing, swimming and diving in the Scapa Flow.
- Burray village is approximately over one mile away from the cottage and its facilities include a restaurant/pub, hotel and local shop.
- The nearby village of St Margaretís Hope is on the island of South Ronaldsay and shares the same amenities as Burray, but also includes a church, post office, nine hole golf course and the roll on/roll off Pentland Ferries catamaran from Gills Bay, Thurso, Scotland.
- The Royal Borough of Kirkwall is over 11 miles from the cottage across the Churchill Causeways to the Orkney mainland. Kirkwall is a bustling town with plenty of shops, hotels, restaurants and recreational facilities.
- A regular bus service operates from St Margaretís Hope to Kirkwall.
- Sleeps up to six people.
- A non-smoking establishment.
- Kitchen with calor gas cooker, small electric oven, washing machine, dryer, microwave and fridge freezer.
- Dining room.
- Lounge including a TV, DVD and CD player.
- Bathroom with shower over bath.
- Two bedrooms. One double and one large room with four single beds.
- Large conservatory to the rear.
Sun lounge at the front of the cottage overlooking the Scapa flow.
- Decked outside patio.
- Crockery, cutlery, pans, towels (but not beach towels), bed-linen, calor gas.
- NB. Electricity is on a £1 coin meter.
Regretfully no dogs are allowed at Greenwell Cottage.Orkney is also well loved for those of you with historical or wildlife interests. So come and see for yourself what the Islands of Orkney hold for you and we're sure that you will be pleasantly surprised.
We look forward to hearing from you
Josie and Eddy Smales