New House Annexe,
Cot and highchair.
Pets by arrangement.
Low season £275 pw.
Mid season £300 pw.
High season £330 pw.
Christmas and New Year £350 pw.
Please note that for more than 4 nights the weekly rate is lower.
For further details please contact:
John and Cathie Young
Tel: 01291 673118
Mob: 07774 906984
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe Granary sits between Monkswood Church on one side and our house on the other with birch trees providing screening for privacy. It is a charming flat, spacious, comfortable, airy, sunny, and with character, conveniently situated and conveniently laid out.
Your welcome pack contains our chickens' eggs, home-made bread, and wine.
- Parking is level with, and just outside the flat entrance and the bedroom is at this end.
- Following that is a full sized kitchen-dining room well equipped and furnished for more than two people, so you can entertain friends and family.
- The sitting room is at the other end of the flat and opens onto a south/east-facing decked balcony. It's equipped with TV, DVD, many books, two 2-seater settees and reading lamps.
- The balcony affords a great space to sit and relax, sunbathe, eat, drink, take in the views and watch our ducks route-march round our green leafy garden.
- Though the flat is advertised as one-bedroom suitable for a couple, there is a double-bed-settee in the sitting room for extra guests at no extra cost.
- The only extra charge is for dogs at £10 each per stay. Everything else is provided in the one cost specified on the website. There a few basics in the kitchen cupboard, some toiletries in the shower room and all linens and towels.
There is masses to see and do nearby and is great for...
- there is gas central heating
- washing machine and ironing facilities
- Fridge with freezer compartment
- TV, DVD, radio,
- child's cot and high-chair
- books, games, jigsaws, DVDs
- storage for bikes
Please visit 'owner's website' for more information about any of of the above.
- golfers... several courses within 5 miles.
- fishermen... River Usk, Llandegfedd Reservior.
- shoppers... Cardiff, the city of arcades, housing Spillers Records, the oldest record store in the world. Cardiff boasts six historic beautiful arcades which still retain many of their original features and are home to dozens of unique stores and cafes.
- festival / theatre / opera / concert goers... see owner's own website for info.
- rugby fans... there is a free train-station-car-park 10 minutes from here and the train takes 20 minutes to the centre of Cardiff, yards from the Millennium Stadium. The train fare for 2 is less than cost of parking in Cardiff.
- Foodies... many and varied eateries, Abergavenny Food Festival, farmers' markets.
- Historians... castles, folk museums.
- Boatmen... the canal is very close for daily boat hire.
- The Granary is a great base when on holiday, on business, on courses, conferences, visiting friends and relatives whom you have room to entertain, wedding guests, honeymoons.
- We reduce the cost for lengthy stays while your home has builders in etc.
- Usk, with the nearest shops, is 2 and a half miles away.
- John and Cathie are on hand if needed.
- We do make reductions for last minute bookings up to two weeks prior to your stay.
- You can book by phone or 'email owner'. You can send a 20% deposit by cheque and pay the rest on arrival by cheque or cash. If you book from abroad we will negotiate method of payment. If you wish to pay beforehand that can be arranged through PayPal but the extra cost would be added to your payment.
From London, Southern or South-Western England
Take the M4 over the new Severn Bridge to Junction 24. Turn North onto A449, signposted Monmouth and the Midlands. The next turning off this road (about 7 miles) brings you into Usk. From the Midlands and the North, Travel south on the M5 to Junction 8, then take the M50 to Ross-on-Wye. At the end of the M50 carry straight on onto the A40. Follow this road (it becomes the A449 at Raglan), until you see the Usk turn-off.
From either Direction
Follow the A472 through Usk and over the river bridge towards Pontpool. About 2 miles beyond the bridge look for a right fork into Cefn Mawr Lane, with a bus stop on the corner. Our house is the first house on the left up the lane, and the Granary is next door. If you reach the 'Beaufort Arms' you have gone too far. Turn around, and Cefn Mawr Lane will be the first turn on your left after about half-a-mile.
We are a small outfit and can't take credit / debit cards.
For more up-to-the-minute information, and photos do visit the 'owners website'.
We look forward to your visit.