Powys / Brecon Beacons border
Sleeps: 4 + 1.
Sorry no pets.
Flexible changeover day.
Arrival from 3pm and departure by 11am.
Weekly Rates: 7 nights
Low Season: £315
Mid Season: £420
High Season: £525
Peak Season: £665
Short Breaks, min 3 nights
Low Season: £55 per night
Mid Season: £75 per night
High Season: £95 per night
Peak Season: £115 per night
Hay Festival: Min stay 10 nights: please enquire.
Note: 10% discount when only one bedroom is required.
See our website for What our Guests say.
See 'Owner's Noticeboard' below for occasional late booking special offers.
Sorry, no pets, or smoking.
For further details please contact:
Andy and Kiki Connor
Tel: 01494 723 561 or 0773 8726 700
NB. When sending email message please include your telephone number in your message.
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapQuietly located in the pretty village of Dorstone in Herefordshire's 'Golden Valley' not far from Hay-on-Wye and the Brecon Beacons National Park, Granary Cottage is a delightful detached barn conversion retaining exposed beams, internal stone slit windows and a stone fireplace, now with wood burner logs provided (as well as oil fired central heating).
2 minutes walk from the excellent Pandy Inn and from 'Dorstone's Front Room' providing tourist information, crafts/gifts and a great coffee and home made cake they love having visitors and offering tips on where to go and what to do.
The famous book town of Hay-on-Wye has an excellent selection of interesting shops, eating establishments and a cinema. The Brecon Beacons National Park also provides a host of attractions and opportunities for outdoor activities and the surrounding area offers ancient castles and churches to explore, National Trust houses and gardens and the cathedral city of Hereford with the Mappa Mundi.
Sitting on the Powys/Herefordshire border, there is no shortage of day trips out! Ideal for walking, cycling or exploring by car, Granary Cottage provides an ideal retreat from which to explore this delightful unspoilt Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - or simply enjoy a relaxing break in stunning countryside.
Ideal for couples with a 10% when only one bedroom is required.
- The cottage has oiled fired central heating.
- Wifi and unlimited telephone calls to UK landlines included.
- Spacious living room with comfy sofas and a wood burner - logs included. French doors lead out to the garden. TV/DVD. Radio/CD player.
- Well equipped eat-in kitchen with fridge, freezer, microwave, built under electric cooker, ceramic hob. Table and seating for 6.
- Downstairs cloakroom with washer/dryer.
- Bedroom 2 (downstairs) 2 single beds which lock together to make a kingsize. Hand basin. Chest of drawers. Shelf and hanging space. Looks onto garden.
- Bedroom 1 (upstairs) double bed, chest of drawers, and fitted wardrobe.
- Bathroom with bath, basin, toilet and separate shower cubicle. Spacious airing-cupboard.
- Large landing/additional sitting room with sofa bed for 1 person. Sleeping area can be curtained off for privacy.
- Bed linen and towels are provided.
Area good for:
- Secluded, and secure, south-facing garden with tables, chairs and deck chairs.
- Charcoal BBQ provided.
- Ample off-road parking in front of the Cottage.
- Hay-on-Wye book shops.
- Walking / Cycling / Golf / Pony Trekking / Canoeing.
- Herefordshire Cathedral and the Mappa Mundi.
- 8 National Trust sites within 25 miles.
- Exploring ancient Castles.