North Boreston Farm,
Sorry, no pets.
Low season: £245 - £290 pw.
High season: £300 - £385 pw.
Short breaks in low season by individual arrangement.
For further details please contact:
Rob or Jan Wagstaff
Tel: 01548 821320
Reload this mapThe Granary is a delightful stone cottage converted from the old granary of North Boreston Farm (no longer a working farm). The present farmhouse dates from the 1600s although the site has been occupied since medieval times. The property is set in a pretty rural hamlet of similar farms in rolling Devon countryside, a very peaceful place yet only 5 miles from beaches, cliffs, and the old market and port towns of Totnes, Dartmouth and Kingsbridge. These towns provide all the modern facilities you need as well as being interesting to visit; each town has a fascinating history. All 3 towns have a wide range of independent shops as well as the main supermarkets. Our nearest village (2 miles) has a Post Office, a well-stocked food shop and a service station.
The Granary is fully equipped, furnished and decorated to a high standard. The living accommodation is upstairs with lovely views of the garden; the bedroom and shower room are on the ground floor which has direct access to its own private terrace.
The Granary offers
- beamed sitting room with comfortable leather recliner suite, nest of oak tables, dining table and chairs, TV and DVD player; silk curtains, pine floor boards and rugs; white china, modern cutlery and fine glassware
- galley kitchen with combination microwave, oven and grill; four-burner gas hob; fridge; all cooking equipment and utensils
- ground floor bedroom with twin beds which can be together to form 6ft bed; ample wardrobes and storage; all linen, bedding and towels provided; TV; silk curtains and fitted carpet
- en suite fully tiled shower room; all soaps, shampoo, conditioner and hairdryer are provided
- French windows onto private terrace with table and chairs, sun umbrella, and spectacular views of the garden, ideal for al fresco dining or just relaxing
- access to washing and drying facilities
- covered parking
- 3 acres of beautiful gardens, featured on TV and in magazines, for you to sit in or explore.
The Granary, in a pretty hamlet of farms, and the only cottage in the large gardens of North Boreston, has a quiet and relaxing environment; yet within 20 minutes you can be by the sea, in one of the historic old towns or well on the way to Dartmoor, Exeter or Plymouth.Things to enjoy
- nearby villages (5 minutes by car) have useful shops, post office and pubs which serve meals. Wide choice of facilities in the local historic towns
- good range of places to eat out, from pubs to 2-Michelin starred restaurant
- beautiful beaches, fishing villages and spectacular cliffs
- good walking on the South Coast Path and Dartmoor
- beautiful gardens to visit, including National Trust
- nature reserves nearby
- historic sites, recent ones such as Greenway (Agatha Christie's home), and places important in World War II, as well as medieval halls, castles and churches
- fishing, boating, golf.